Only Pretend. 3/9

The pair had unexpectedly, gotten closer.

Park Chaeyoung wonders if it's normal to pray vehemently at night for your fake-husband's father's safety in a war-torn city, but apparently her prayers worked because a week later, as the pair were watching a movie, the sudden ringing of his phone makes them both jump in surprise. Even now, she remembers the way their eyes met for a moment, almost as though they were frozen in time before she noticed tears falling down his eyes. She couldn't do anything but smile, as he picked up the phone, thinking about how relieved he really seemed to hear his father's voice on the other line. She too, was washed with a wave of reassurance—as though she had been holding onto her own breath the entire time. While his father was missing in action, Park Chaeyoung felt as though she needed to be strong for the both of them, to keep up words of comfort and positivity as he pondered about his father's condition and safety. There were many times where he'd fallen asleep on the couch, and how she'd made space beside him on the floor to make sure that he went through the night okay. When he gets off the phone, he looks at her with a smile.

"He's okay," he confirms, "... there was a security breach so they couldn't contact us until they secured the premise."

She smiles, nodding, "... I'm glad Jungkook."

"Thank you, Chaeyoung. For being my rock during this time, I'm a little embarrassed," he confesses sheepishly, "... that you had to see me like that."

She doesn't know what it is in her that makes her body get up from the seat, scooting closer to him as she wraps her arms in an embrace with him. He freezes at first, before reciprocating tightly.

"It has always been just me and him, since my mother died. I can't lose him, I'll be so broken if he were go to," he cries.

They both cry, that night.

She learns a lot about her fake-husband, that night and while she would never hope for that kind of pain on anyone, she's glad that such a hurdle can bring them closer together.

The war was cruel, and she wants nothing more than for it to end quickly and for her fake-father-in-law to visit her someday.

Park Chaeyoung wonders if she's getting too attached to him.

-

The morning is absolutely frantic.

Jeon Jungkook wakes up at 6am to the sound of Park Chaeyoung yelling in the living room.

Yes, her usually quaint and soft voice can be heard from the other side of the apartment... even through closed and thick doors.

At first, he covers himself with his own blanket, hoping that the extra layer will somehow act like noise cancelling walls, however the yelling only gets increasingly louder.

Jeon Jungkook slides off him his bed, still in a haze as he opens the door, squinting his eyes to see Park Chaeyoung ending the phone call and throwing her phone to the other side of the living room, landing on the floor.

"Relax, the carpet didn't do anything to you," he groans, as he walks over to the phone and picks it up, handing it over to her, "... what's wrong?"

"I have a shoot for one of my designs today and the model bailed because he's sick," she tells him.

His eyes fall on her, seeing how overwhelming upset and frustrated she was.

"You can't get someone to replace him?" He questions.

Surely, there's at least one model in the whole of Sydney available?

She shakes her head, "... not that fit the vibe I need. My design is menswear, inspired by the hanbok, but with a modern twist. I need a Korean model, and today is Chuseok so a lot of them are off with their families. I am soooo incredibly fucked."

Speaking of, he wonders whether they should make a trip to Melbourne to visit hers.

"Can you reschedule for tomorrow?" He questions her, "... just breathe for a bit I'm sure there's another way."

She glares at him, making him instantly regret his words before her eyes light up—as though a light bulb just turned on.

"Jungkook, what are you doing today?" She questions.

Why does he not like where this is leading to somehow?

"I have personal trainings this afternoon till night," he informs her, "... why am I scared to ask why are you asking?"

"You're tall, fit and have a great facial structure," she continues talking.

"Thank you?" He responds, but he's unsure about whether it's an actual compliment.

"Andddd you're Korean. Very Korean, might I add," she tells him.

Oh no.

Before she could even continue, he puts his hands on her shoulders, "... Chaeyoung, I really appreciate you and everything you've done but I cannot be a model. I don't even take photos! I don't even have social med—"

"Jungkook, please, it'll just be for one day and I really need this shoot to go well," she pleads, a slight pout on her lips.

God damn this beautiful woman!

"Chaeyoung, this shoot will not go well if you bring me, as someone who doesn't know how to pose into it. You should just reschedule—"

"It's decided, go shower and get ready now. Thank you Jungkook, you're a life saviour!"

Cruel, beautiful and persistent woman.

-

Park Chaeyoung thinks it's cute to see her fake-husband moping around in the car, an almost permanently pout in his lips as he drives them reluctantly to the shoot location. But she can't help but smile in excitement, thinking about how perfect he would be as a muse for her collection and since it wasn't really a runway walk, she knows the photos can look great although may take longer than usual. Firstly—objectively speaking, Jeon Jungkook was a very handsome man with a relatively symmetrical face. Secondly—he was very fit, especially with his new job in the gym. While ordinarily for menswear, they'd go for more lankier models, the loose vibes of her collection gave room, and his height was quite similar to original model in mind. Thirdly—he was Korean. He spoke to his father in Korean often, and well to be frank, he literally got off a plane from there.

He was perfect.

In the haze of everything, Park Chaeyoung leaves her phone at home and when she arrives, she sees her assistant running up to her in excitement.

"Chaeyoung, we found a model!" She tells her excitedly and Park Chaeyoung can't help but glare at her fake-husband when he gives a sigh of relief.

"Who? I already found someone fitting actually but left my phone at home in the rush," she informs her, pulling at her fake-husband who politely bows.

"It's okay, we got one of the leading Korean models of the country, actually! Have you heard of him before? His name is Kim Taehyung."

hehe what could possibly go wrong, right? good luck chaeyoung, stand your ground!

ヽ༼ಢ_ಢ༽ノ