FAKE LOVE. BONUS

hi! sorry this took a bit of time compared to my previous updates i honestly wasn't sure whether to do a bonus or not, since the comments were somewhat mixed. while fake love may be officially over after this, please feel free to send me some prompts or fic ideas for the next one since i'm quite blank right now! enjoy friends!

Park Chaeyoung's mother used to always tell her that if something was destiny, that it'll always find its way back together. Perhaps, she was testing that hypothesis in the manner where she'd shut him down all those years ago in her law firm office despite the way her heart longed to be with him. She followed her head, her pride and not her heart and while he friends commended her for it, a part of her always wondered "what if" if was the one that she simply allowed to fall through the gaps between her fingers? After a few months, she stopped waiting and started to actively search for signs of him—frequently past the restaurants they'd used to go together and driving through the same route every day that they'd shared a plethora of late-night conversations in.

Not once did she "accidentally" bump into him.

One day, Irene invites her for lunch and a part of her couldn't help but wonder if he'd show up beside Min Yoongi as he always did. She wore the perfume he'd liked and that dress that made her feel really good about herself, only to be met with disappointment when she ended up, really, being the third wheel.

After the one-year mark, she'd stopped her pathetic behaviour and decided to start dating but, in every date, her mind was almost reminding her that her heart longed for something else. Someone else. She would go on dates with a range of people—people that were so alike him that when she drank, she tried to imagine that it was him and on the other hand, even people that were so different to him. Neither helped her get rid of the feelings burning through her heart.

Her revelation comes when the elevator suddenly stops and everything turns pitch black. It's her biggest nightmare. But all she could think in that moment of desperation was whether she was going to die with regrets, the regret of not knowing that perhaps—she could've watched as what was once a dried up and abused seed, turn into a blooming flower.

When she's saved by the firefighters that evening, she doesn't waste a single moment running to her car and breaking through at least six road laws on the way to his apartment. She knocks on the door frantically, as though in her moment of fleeting focus, she'd forgotten that there was a doorbell.

It's not until she's met with silence that she comes to terms with her spontaneous moment.

It's unlike her.

Park Chaeyoung has been taught to be careful and calculative, because one wrong move and send people to a lifetime in jail.

The door opens and she sees the ghost in front of her.

Jeon Jungkook.

Two years had passed but he still looked the exact same. His eyes blink, as though he were really seeing if she was actually there or not.

He wonders if his mind was hallucinating.

"Who's that?" She hears a familiar voice as footsteps approach, revealing Min Yoongi and Kim Taehyung as their mouths both drop, "... Chaeyoung?"

"Is that really you?" His voice is whisper, "... are you okay?"

She is.

Because she's finally giving into what her broken heart has been wanting for two long fucking years.

"It's me," she looks at him, "... may I come in?"

Jeon Jungkook pushes the two other men outside and lock them out, not caring for the confused and bitter comments coming from the other side. He puts his hand behind her back as he leads her to the dining room table, disappearing and re-emerging with some chilled water. Jeon Jungkook opens the glass cap for her before giving it to her.

She can't help but smile to see how much he'd indeed changed.

"Are you well?" He asks her, "... how is Jisoo and the other girls?"

"They're doing well, I noticed you're still super close to the boys," she tells him.

He nods, "... they miss you a lot."

And she misses them too.

"Jungkook," she looks at him with tenderness, "... why is it that I can't move on from you?"

He takes a deep breath, "... neither have I."