Citizens Arrest. 4/4

It's a Saturday morning and Park Chaeyoung can't help but think that life is good when she sees her boyfriend sitting on the floor of the living room, watching cartoons with her young daughter. She sits quietly on his lap, occasionally turning her head to whisper something into his ears as they talk about the show and at times break into random laughter together. Carefully, she walks towards them with a tray of fresh pink lemonade, putting it on the dining room table.

"Have some lemonade," she calls out, watching as her boyfriend and daughter get up quickly, racing to her.

"Thank you babe," his voice is deep as he leans in a kisses her on the lips, before taking one of the glasses that she just prepared, "... it's good."

"That's because it's just lemon and sugar, Jungkook," she rolls her eyes at him, before her eyes move to her daughter who carry the cup and rush to the sofa, "... don't run Soojin!"

"Should we do something today? Amusement park, maybe?" He suggests.

Before she could reply, her phone rings from her pocket.

Picking it up, she looks at the caller ID.

"It's the hospital," she tells him.

He smiles at her, "... good luck."

Picking it up, she feels her heart beating a million miles a minute.

She got the job.

That afternoon, with her new schedule and his, they work on arranging drop off and pick up times for Soojin.

She's really thankful for him, for treating her daughter like his own.

-

About four months into her job, when her daughter is in the third grade she notices that the pair are up to something behind her back.

It began with the pair giggling in the living room when she'd go off to the toilet and then, a few times, she'd heard her daughter telling him something about being excited to be a flower girl. When they went to the park, her young daughter begins spinning around in her dress, showing her that she needs to practice for the wedding.

And then, Park Soojin begins to call him daddy, making her thoroughly confused.

"Daddddddddy," she called out as she run to him, jumping off the swings when the couple came to pick her up, "... I drew a picture for you and mummy!"

Park Chaeyoung raises a brow, knowing that it was unlike her daughter to get confused about such things. She turns to her boyfriend who simply shrugs.

But it didn't stop there.

When the pair were at home, she'd kept addressing him as daddy and even asked for him to read her a bedtime story.

"Did you say something to her?" She questions him as the pair get ready for bed.

He shakes his head, "... don't think too much about it, she's still a kid. She probably saw her school friends with dads and thought she wanted to join in on the fun."

He wraps his arms around her before whispering good night, yet somehow, she can't help but feel that something was up.

A week later, she finds out.

Jeon Jungkook invites her to the restaurant where they'd had their first date in and got down on one knee to propose.

"Stupidddddd, so this is why you and Soojin have been up to no good!" She scoffs on the car ride back, "... and why she kept calling you daddy."

He simply takes her hand, a gentle kiss against the back of it, "... you know, when I asked her if it was okay for me to marry you she said it's fine as long as we promise her a little brother or sister so—we better get working on that."

"Jungkook!" Park Chaeyoung playfully pinches her.

"Don't you think it's so funny?" He asks her, "... that actually—had it not been for her and her stomach ache, we would've never met?"

When the pair get home, Jeon Jungkook prepares his uniform for the next morning (since we was scheduled for morning shift) only that he couldn't find his badge and handcuffs.

"Babe," he yells out from afar, "... do you know where my badge is?"

"Over here!" She yells.

He walks towards the bedroom, mouth dropping to seeing her in nothing but lingerie and heels, his handcuffs spinning between her forefinger on one hand and his badge perched on her bra.

"I'm here to make a citizens arrest," her voice is full of lust, "... you're a danger to society. Crime committed? Stealing my heart."

uwu this mini shot was honestly fluff from start to end (′ꈍωꈍ‵) but i think I'm in the mood for some hardcore angst. any ideas? >.<