Only Pretend. 5/9

The pair didn't get to speak much after that.

Since there were two models, the shoot finished unexpectedly later than anticipated, hence causing for him to be in a rush to his shift. He quickly dropped off Park Chaeyoung in the house (despite offers from a kind Kim Taehyung to take her back) and then rushed straight to the gym for his scheduled personal training sessions. By the time he arrives home, it's late—11:35pm to be exact and he's both physically and mentally exhausted. To be honest, Jeon Jungkook wanted to talk more with her—but time constraints didn't permit it.

Besides, he didn't know if it was his place to inquire.

He jumps when he gets home and sees Park Chaeyoung sitting on the couch staring blankly at the wall with only one light turned on. The television was not on and usually, she'd be in her room asleep at that time (if not in the dining room table finishing up on designs). He admits, he got a fright.

"Shit you scared me," he tells her as he turns on the other lights so that the living room was better lit, his eyes falling onto her, "... what's wrong?"

Park Chaeyoung turns her head, almost in a daze.

"I'm sorry," she only whispers.

He wonders, what she means.

Perhaps she was tired of pretending to be together?

And while, he'll never force it, it'll be a lie to say he isn't disappointed considering his citizenship was already in the process of being finalised after months of waiting.

"You don't need to be sorry," he finally speaks.

He decides that whatever her answer, he'll kindly accept.

"The director actually really loved your shoot, said it was a fresh face for the magazine but—they can't publish it. The model agency called and said they said they don't want to share their star model with an amateur one, and well—the director knows that his fans will bring a lot of publicity and traffic to the edit," she explains, unloading the burden in her heart, "... I'm sorry that I wasted your time, and even made you almost-late for work."

Jeon Jungkook thinks it's cute, no—adorable that she cares so much.

He walks over to her, taking a seat beside her as he squeezes gently on her knee.

"Chaeyoung," his voice is gentle and soft like satin, "... none of that matters. I only did it because I wanted to help you, anyway. I wouldn't model for any one else or for any amount of money. So as long as you're happy with the shoot, I am too. Whether I'm in it or not."

She forces a smile, "... not biased, but your photos turned out much better, if anything they're probably threatened by you."

"Now you're just boosting my ego," he retorts before pressing a finger on the tip of her nose, "... that's settled then, no more looking sad okay?"

"Thank you, Jungkook. For everything. I requested the HQ photos though, we should hang them around the house, it'll be such a waste not to have around, and I want to send them to your father too," she tells him.

He nods.

"Anyway, it's late, you should sleep," he tells her, "... I know it's been a long day for you."

"Taehyung texted me, a couple of hours ago," she informs him, "... I think his agency got my number from the director."

Jeon Jungkook feels his chest tightening.

"Hmm?"

He tries hard, not to seem too biased.

"He asked to meet for coffee, to clear the air," she informs him, "... I haven't responded."

Jeon Jungkook can feel his jaw clenched.

He doesn't like it.

During the shoot, he'd rushed off to the men's bathroom and overheard a conversation the older model was having with his manager. From what he could gather, he was initially thinking of getting back together with her since her career was picking up—creating a narrative of a designer and model in love. At one point, he even said that she'll certainly fall for him, since she has a special place in her heart for him, always.

Of course, that was before he found out that Jeon Jungkook was her husband, but he knows—he's likely up to no good.

"Don't meet him," his voice is low as he looks her in the eye.

Three words.

He doesn't hesitate.

After what was likely to be twenty seconds of silence, Jeon Jungkook gets up, excusing himself to take a shower.

-

Don't meet him.

The suddenness of her words makes her stomach dance and she cannot stop her heart from beating so fast, and so loudly like a drum.

How could he say something so casually?

To be honest, Park Chaeyoung had no intention of falling in love with Jeon Jungkook. She only agreed to the marriage because she genuinely believed she wasn't going to ever find love, after her previous heartbreak. But there he was—words certain yet not arrogant, actions gentle yet not weak.

She wonders whether he knows, the effect he has on her.

As much as she hated to admit it, she spent an hour arguing with the director, asking him to at least leave a few of the photos in the shoot. The photos turned out great and while she admits that his aura was not as strong as her veteran ex-boyfriend, he had a refreshing feel to his photos and one that celebrated well her designed.

Perhaps she's a little biased.

The director too admitted that ideally, a few of the photos should be used but he knew how beneficial, Kim Taehyung's photos would be.

And so, she feels bad.

Really bad.

For wasting his time.

Regardless, he doesn't seem to mind and perhaps—she likes that.

After all, he was contrastingly different to her previous love.

He made her realise her worth, and the kind of love she deserved.

And that's why she was falling for him, hard.