Fake Love. 3/10

Park Chaeyoung learns that Jeon Jungkook is a very busy man. Not even half an hour into their coffee date (mind you, at 8pm) was he on an urgent call and needed a raincheck as there was an emergency in the office. Of course, it didn't bother her but she felt especially bad, given how stressed he seemed. In the half an hour that they met, she could see how tired he really was and worse, could feel that he wasn't entirely even focused on the conversation.

Perhaps he has a lot of troubles, that's why he always goes to the nightclub.

He doesn't text her for the next few days, which only makes her more worried so she decides to take matters into her own hands. On her free day, she spends the entire morning and afternoon buying groceries and cooking side dishes and some food.

[Hi Jungkook. I hope everything is okay. Can you send me your address? I'd like to send you some food, I cooked too much.]

She waits an hour before finally getting a reply, noticing that it was already 8pm.

[Sorry, I've been in meetings all day. Can you come to my office? I'll bring it on my way home. We can have dinner too.]

[Address.]

She smiles, feeling a sense of excitement in her.

When she gets to the office, she decides to wait in the lobby only that she's approached by the receptionist.

"Are you Ms. Chaeyoung?" The young woman inquiries.

She nods.

"Come this way."

As she's escorted to his office (on the top level of the building) she finds him with his tie loosened and hair partly dishevelled. If it weren't for all the documents on his desk and the stressed look on his face, she wouldn't assumed that they'd done something inappropriate in the room before her. She clears her throat, making him almost look up in surprise. He smiles, in a way that could easily melt any heart.

"Chaeyoung, you look nice," he commends her on her outfit, and she's thankful that she decided to wear a sleeveless linen top and a high waisted skirt that fell to her ankles.

"Thank you, are you still working?" She questions him.

"I still have quite a lot to go," he tells her, tattooed fingers running through his hair, "... but I also haven't eaten since yesterday."

"I made these for you," she holds onto the bags of containers consisting of both mains and side dishes, "... in case you got tired of eating out. We can eat it now, if you want."

"I'll save it for when I'm home, we can drop it off at the reception and they can leave it at the fridge downstairs, let's eat downstairs there's a nice restaurant there that I want you to try," he tells her as he holds onto the food in one hand, getting up before taking her by the waist and leading her to the elevator.

Her heart thumps extremely fast that moment.

-

"I'm not really good at maintaining contact, so I'm sorry about that," he breaks the silence as the pair eats in the Korean restaurant down the lobby of the building, "... I hope that's okay, especially when work is busy I can end up in a world of my own. My previous girlfriends always complained about it so I hope my fake girlfriend can understand."

She nods, "... it's okay, do you want to talk about the issues at work?"

And he does.

It's very unlike him to do so, he's somewhat private and knows she probably doesn't understand half the terminologies and jargon he uses, though the way she keeps her eyes focused on him, nodding and humming makes him feel a certain way. He feels heard. He feels understood. He feels safe. Park Chaeyoung listened to him wholeheartedly, and that was something he somehow was not used to.