Home Run. 1/1

In an AU where Korea's golden girl Park Chaeyoung is set up by mutual friends to baseball star Jeon Jungkook.

Park Chaeyoung has been alone for so long that when people ask her "how long have you been single for" she doesn't quite know how to respond.

Three years? Perhaps four?

But if you didn't consider relationships that lasted less than two months, it'll be way over five.

She feels bad, knowing that the other girls were getting worried for her, especially when they'd go out for dinner and events, and she'd be the only single friend around and how the other girls would be torn when it came to dividing their time between their significant other and her. Perhaps—a part of her didn't mind being alone, or more so, was used to it. One of the reasons why Park Chaeyoung was so good at what she did was because of how passionately she drowned herself in her craft, song writing and composing music was really her one true love.

At least, that was until she laid eyes on what she deemed was the most beautiful man in the world, almost as though he came straight from the movie, impossible to be real.

As cliché as it was, she thinks she has fallen in love.

It all began in another gala dinner which was a combination of the things she loved the most—dressing up, good food and a good cause. Tonight it was fundraising for the children's hospital in the rural parts of the country.

"Chaeyoung," Jisoo Kim's voice emulates of a sweetness as she reaches her hand out for the younger woman, pulling her aside, "... Taehyung has a friend we think you'll really love him. Let me introduce you to him."

Her heart sinks.

Park Chaeyoung loves her, but the last four set ups were a complete fail and while Kim Taehyung was a gorgeous yet gentle man, one thing for sure was that his friends were not. She recalls the last date she endured, listening to a fully grown man brag for fifteen minutes non stop about how he can afford the nicest of cars.

As if she cared.

"I'm fine, really," she gives her older friend a slight pout, "... I'm fine being single."

"He's a big fan of your voice," she notifies him, "... actually, he's just like you—never wanting to be set up, but when we showed him your videos, he said your voice was pretty."

Well if I was going on dates with people who liked my voice, then I'd go on dates with millions of people!

"And," Jisoo Kim quickly adds, "... he's really into volunteering, actually, he's opening up a food shelter just next week!"

Before she could even think, she sees Kim Taehyung emerge from the crowd, his hand pressed against his girlfriend's waist.

"Babe," he kisses her on the cheek before turning to Park Chaeyoung, "... Chaeyoung."

"Just in time, I was just telling Chaeyoung about how we wanted to introduce her to your friend," she notifies him, "... where is he?"

Right on cue, she watches as a tall figure emerges from the crowd standing beside Kim Taehyung.

"Jungkook!" Jisoo Kim's voice is light before pulling her friend closer, "... meet our good friend, Chaeyoung."

He looks at her, a slight smile across his lips.

She can't help but be mesmerised. His eyes. Something about the way his eyes looked at you felt oddly comforting yet intimidating at the same time. Then there was the way his muscles protruded even against his button up shirt. She knew just by looking that his frame was built like a Greek god.