Citizen's Arrest. 3/4

A playful pout meet her lips as he tells her the news.

In the months that they'd be dating, not once had he ever said no to her cooking.

"I'm on a strict diet this week till Sunday, our department is having a photoshoot for a calendar, all profits will be donated so we've been ordered to make sure our bodies are in top conditions or else," he informs, fingers reaching her nose and squeezing it playfully as he hopes to kiss that pout away, "... you can eat, watching your eat will make me full."

"Can't you just have one bite?" She pleads, "... I mean if you think about it cold noodles are healthy—"

"Next week, we can eat all the food in the world, I promise," he gives her a mischievous grin, "... any way, don't forget to buy a calendar, it's for a good cause. Plus— you'll get to see your topless boyfriend."

"Wh—what? Topless?" She puts her chopsticks down, "... you didn't tell me that!"

"Is that a problem? You said you like my body, though..." He ponders, slightly confused.

He wasn't wrong.

Park Chaeyoung often thought that she was the luckiest woman in the world because her boyfriend had abs like a Greek god, and well, he certainly knew how to use it.

But he was her boyfriend!

She doesn't know why, but the thought of other girls seeing makes her feel a little uneasy.

"Aw, my girlfriend is so cute when she's jealous," he comments, "... don't worry, my body is all yours."

Before she could hit him and protest, the sound of small footsteps can be heard. He gets up by instinct heading towards what he knows is his girlfriend's daughter waking up from her nap.

"Sit down and eat, I'll play with her for a bit so you can relax, babe."

Yep, she certainly does have the best boyfriend in the world.

A month later, when the calender is out, Park Chaeyoung queues at the cashier, holding the three copies (she says it's for a good cause!). She'd lined up at the stand since 7am, but in less than an hour it was already sold out. She's thankful that her mother offered to take Soojin to school, or else she'd certainly miss out.

"Wah, they're so hottttt!"

She can't help but smile hearing the people fawn over the cover from behind her.

"Rumour has it that a lot of them are single. I'd totally let them arrest me."

"Wouldn't mind being punished by them!"

She can't help but look at the photo, even objectively speaking—Jeon Jungkook stood out the most.

When she gets to his apartment that evening after her shift at the clinic, she decides to wear something nice—as in, a white lingerie set that she forgot she'd had in her wardrobe and cooking his favourite pasta. At 8pm on the dot, he returns home eyes wide open to see his incredibly hot girlfriend wearing nothing but lingerie and an apron, sitting on the kitchen island with a glass of white wine in her hands.

"B—babe?" He gulps, feeling his throat turn dry, "... not that I'm complaining, but did I forget a special occasion?"

A soft giggle escapes from her lips as she slips onto the tiled floor, taking intentionally long but slow steps towards him as she slowly unwraps the apron, dropping it on the floor beside him. Her other hand continues to hold the now empty glass.

"Officer Jeon," her voice is breathy as she leans in, the scent of her perfume permeating the air as she pulled gently on a collar, "... I've been a bad, bad girl. It's your duty to detain and punish."

Jeon Jungkook practically growls, lifting her up with one hand over his shoulder, causing for her to yelp in surprise before rushing her to the bedroom.

The glass falls and shatters, but he'd too busy to care.

After all—he had a duty to protect the people, and his girlfriend was too hot to handle.

-

A few months pass when Jeon Jungkook is staying at her apartment.

She can see that he's quite nervous because he's barely looking at the screen for their Netflix night.

"What's wrong, babe?" She pauses the movie, turning to him as she hugs him a little closer.

"Chaeyoung," his voice is soft as he looks up to her, "... you know that Soojin will be starting kindergarten soon right?"

She nods, "... she grows up too fast."

"So how about your dream? Why don't you go back to helping in the emergency and trauma ward?" His voice is gentle, not forceful but she knows—it's something he's scared to bring up.

She takes a deep breath in, "... I don't know, babe. It's been so long, I don't think I have it in me."

"I know you, and I know you're a fighter. You can, and you won't do it alone. Soojin and I are here cheering you on," he tells her, "... and Soojin will grow up knowing that she's able to fight for her dreams, just as her mum does."

"But what if I fail?" Her voice is weak and vulnerable.

"Then you'll learn, and get better," he pulls out his phone, showing her a saved website, "... I saw that there's a new position opening at the hospital near my office. It's not far from Soojin's new school too, so if you ever need to be there, you can drop her off at my work and we'll take care of her."

Park Chaeyoung feels warm, knowing how much her boyfriend cares.

one more chapter to go :(