Fake Love. 1/10

a very overdone and cliché plot but oh well~ hope you guys like it anyway. au whereby jeon jungkook needs a fake girlfriend asap to prove his ex that he's a better man and totally over her!

When Jeon Jungkook gets the invitation in the mail, his heart drops into a million pieces. He knows he was a total asshole and deserved being dumped, but barely two years had passed and she was already getting married? Letting a curse depart from his mouth he takes the throw cushion from the couch and throws it across the living room, breaking a ceramic vase that he didn't really care that much about. He is not having a good day, not at all.

News must have gone around in his friend group because by six in the evening, instead of moping around in his own wallow, he's met by six fully grown men in his penthouse.

"Who the fuck invited y'all here," he snaps, not caring that they could see the state he was in, "... this isn't a museum, go sleep in your own houses!"

He did not look good.

The others exchange glances of concern for a moment before one of them manages to speak up.

"You okay, Kook?" Kim Namjoon questions.

"Absolutely fantastic," he responds sarcastically, "... who the fuck get's married at 25 anyway? Are we in the year 1900 or something?"

Everyone turns to Min Yoongi who had gotten married at 24, who blinked in confusion, mouthing a quick 'don't look at me' before he clears his throat, "... Jungkook."

"No offence, to you," a small sign of guilt finally departs from his lips, "... I just don't fucking get it. What's with these whores that move on so fast."

"Jungkook," Kim Seokjin interrupts, "... you don't mean that. You can admit you were a massive dickhead to her, and it's been quite a while since you guys broke up."

"Shut the fuck up," he curses back before heading to his room, probably to participate in another couple hours of gaming to keep his mind off things, taking one quick look back at the group, "... y'all can leave, you know. I don't need a baby sitter."

-

About three hours have passed and he's slightly less annoyed (probably because three hours of swearing at the virtual enemy has made him exhausted enough) and when he leaves his bedroom, he sees the others still sitting in the living room.

"Yeah, I heard she fake dated her friend and made her ex jealous and guess what? They got back together af—," Kim Taehyung pauses midway, "... why are you all looking at me like that. Oh, hi Jungkook. Are you hungry? Should we go out to eat?"

"Not hungry," he lies.

"Why don't we go clubbing? Get your mind off things?" Park Jimin suggests, "... it's been a while away, and it'll be good for you to get out the house, plus we always have fun."

After a few disgruntled curses and a very long argument, he finds himself on the cab to the club. It wasn't necessarily that he hated clubbing, but he'd spent almost three nights a week drinking and going out after the breakup, and somehow, he didn't really feel like it much now given that his ex-had long gone gotten over him. As they sat in their booth, it was the first time that he was particularly sober in such a setting (usually he'd be wasted before he even arrived) and somehow, he's only focused on the bright lights and loud music.

How the hell did he used to enjoy this?

"I'm going to the toilet," he abruptly stands up and leaves his friends, making a mental note not to ever go clubbing again with friends who couldn't control themselves after seeing half of them standing on the table dancing.