Turned Tables. 3/5

When the boys get home that evening, Park Jimin tells him to go to bed. Jeon Jungkook has no intention of sleeping, but his best friend insists knowing that he has an early morning the next day.

"She'll be fine," Park Jimin attempts to consulate the other, "... going for drinks is just a normal corporate culture right?"

Jeon Jungkook is not ordinarily an open person, but he can't help but blurt everything to his best friend suddenly. That a part of him felt like he wasn't special, especially while he could hear how energetic and enthusiastic she'd address her colleagues.

Park Jimin simples laughs, rolling his eyes, "... man you're not only whipped but stupid. Stupid in love. She only has eyes for you. Stop mopping and sleep, I'll stay up and make sure she gets home."

The pair argue for a bit before he finally gives in.

At some point, he himself was beginning to feel exhausted, having to fight for her time between her work, her colleagues, and her friends.

Jeon Jungkook soon is awoken by the sound emitting from the living room, and he can't help but wake up and tiptoe to the edge of the door, putting his ear against the door to hear it.

"Oh Jimin, why are you up?" Her sweet, beautiful voice asks as she giggles, before he hears the sound of clanking which he assumes is her dropping her heels on the floor, "... is Jungkook asleep?"

"He's upset, you know..."

Fuck you Park Jimin for being a snitch!

Jeon Jungkook feels his heart beating, wondering how she'll react.

"Hmm? Why's that?" She asks, almost nonchalantly .

Did she really not care?

After Park Jimin explains everything, he hears footsteps approaching.

"Where are you going?" Park Jimin asks.

"To my boyfriend," she replies without hesitation.

"I think he's tired, maybe you can talk tomorrow morni—"

"I don't want to head to bed with misunderstandings," she tells him.

Jeon Jungkook quickly runs back to his bed, putting his body under the covers and closing his eyes shut.

Park Chaeyoung knocks before letting herself in.

"Koo?" Her voice was soft and gentle, a contradiction to the tone used with Park Jimin, "... can we talk?"

Jeon Jungkook pretends to murmur in his sleep before slowly "waking up" before turning his body to her, squinting his eyes at the sudden light coming from the hallway.

"Let's go to my room, I think Jimin wants to head to bed," she softly pats on his shoulders before helping him up, slowly leading him to her room before closing the door.

"How was the party?" He asks.

She shakes her head smiling, "... I think I've already out lived my partying days, it's a lot more tiring than I anticipated."

The pair sit on the side of his bed.

"Jimin told me you were feeling a little jealous, about how I address my co-workers," she begins, "... I want you to know, it's only something I do because I have to, not because I want to. I need to adapt to new work environments and that includes the norms of the culture."

She holds her hand to his, "... look at me Jeon Jungkook."

He feels his heart thumping as he slowly looks up at her, in the eyes of a deep brown that he swears he could comfortably drown in.

"I call them oppa, but I only call you mine, Koo. You're the only man I call babe, or honey, or love, or Koo. No one but you."

He feels stupid.

Jeon Jungkook knows and deep down, he trusted her enough too. But he felt scared, knowing that her time in Seoul was so limited.

"I know, I'm sorry I was being unreasonable," he finally whispers, "... I feel embarrassed."

"You don't need to be, babe. Feelings, whether irrational or not, are normal. But—we need to communicate it with one another. I don't want to be going out for drinks while it gives my boyfriend a panic attack. You should've told me," she tells him, "... you're important to me. That's why I came here in the first place, right?"

He knows, that he's the luckiest man in the world.