Undefined Territory. 5/5

Her mother used to tell him that there was plenty fish in the sea when she'd come home from school crying about how someone in her class refused to play with her. Mrs. Park moulded her into a strong and independent woman (as all of her children were, just look at Alice!) and perhaps, that was where her sense of detachment from people came from. People were disposable, as cruel as it sounded and so she learned that when it came to people, she couldn't have expectations too high.

Park Chaeyoung found herself thinking of him quite often. It wasn't necessarily daily, but for example, she'd get a free macaroon with her coffee and she'd think of telling him because she'd had the best macaroon in his hotel room one time or in another time, she'd be booked into a hotel that the pair visited some time. But somewhere between the weeks that pass, came a sense of longing in her heart.

She started to keep her eyes on her phone, and every time it'll beep she'd surely check it, only to be disappointed. Sometimes they'd be in the same city together for their activities, and somehow she'd wonder whether somehow—he'd show up at her door.

He never did.

Park Chaeyoung founds out that his group is going to the US for the grammys. She texts Min Yoongi (who has unofficially became her music coach) good luck for the flight for the seven of them when he informs her that there was only six, as Jeon Jungkook had gone early.

She wonders why, but doesn't dare to ask.

Was he going with a girl? He'd once told her in passing, that he felt as though Los Angeles was the best place to date, since he'd be recognized a lot less.

She cannot help but feel uneasy.

-

When Jeon Jungkook arrives in the foreign country, it's not really for any reason in particular. He just needed some time alone, a breath of fresh air to calm the anxiety across his chest. Months had passed but he still hadn't been successful in getting over her and with so much doubt, he wonders whether he should make the first move and reach out.

That was, until he felt the vibration on his phone.

[From Chaeyoung: Is it true? You're in the States?]

How did she know?

Jeon Jungkook is a weak man because while his head told him not to, knowing damn well that if they met, he'd need another 80 years to get over her, he still said yes when she asked him to meet her at the restaurant of her lobby.

Oh boy, did she look even better than he remembers.

Was that even humanly possible?

She wears her hair in a low bun today, with pieces of blonde hair flowy freely to frame her face, cascading effortlessly. Before he even approaches, she turns and sees him and there's something in the brightness of her eyes, the shape of her lips as she smiles and the way shes waves that he can't help but feel a burn in his chest.

"Jungkook, hi."

His throat feels clogged, attacked by simply the sound of her voice. He only manages to nod.

"Would you like to eat?" She questions.

Say no, stupid! N-O!

"Of course."

-

To be honest, Park Chaeyoung isn't really thinking much when it comes to this because she knows, if she'd thought about it too much that she'd certainly back away. But there laid the problem, because she obviously hadn't thought that far ahead. The pair eat in complete silence, so quiet that you could probably hear the sound of someone turning on the light switch.

"It's been a while, right?" She decides to look up, giving her the opportunity to really analyse his features.

He really was, a work of art.

He chuckles, "... not at all."

She frowns, uncertain of what he means, "... it's been, months?"

"To say that implies that we've had a meal together, which we haven't," he informs her, "... this is our first time."

She opens her mouth into an o shape, uncertain of how to react.

He wasn't wrong.

"This is nice though, don't you think?" He comments.

It was.

She simply manages to nod.

"Yoongi told me you were in the US so, I thought I shouldn't eat alone," she lies, "forgetting" the part where her heart was truly, longing for him.

"Are you two close?"

She smiles, "... he's helping me a lot with my music."

"Did you plan for us to spend the entire afternoon making awkward small talk over steak?" He questions.

When did he become so sassy?

"I guess, I didn't really think that far ahead," she confesses, "... to be frank, I regret asking you to meet me."

"You regret seeing me?"

"I regret not planning topics to discuss," she half joked, "... I never know, when it comes to you."

"Then try me," he responds, without a since ounce of hesitation.

"I never know, how I feel, when it comes to you."

And perhaps, it was through their uncertainty, that they found their way together, walking through the undefined territory of her heart.