Morning Dew

The trip down the hall was a brisk walk to room 286-B. The sleek, wooden door to the room was prompt open which made an easy entry. Once I walked in I could see the sleep deprived faces of my classmates, each bit bothering with anyone else in the class. On the opposite wall to the door sat a large window that allowed the natural sunlight to flood in through the plastic blinds.

The teachers desk sat on the right side of the window, huddled into a corner along a small, metal cabinet to hold folders. On the wall, facing the rest of the classroom was a large, electric whiteboard that projected the image of a blank, blue screen.

The teacher sat in there black office chair, reading whatever was on his laptops screen. I walk in further into the room as others start to flood the almost empty class. I decided to sit in the few remaining seats in the back so I wouldn't have to bother with anyone behind me.

A girl sat infront of me, sending her cobalt blue braided hair fluttering as she flicked it away with her fair hand. Her violet eyes met mine, sending a shiver of mixed signals up my spine. She smiled at me before holding out her hand.

"Mia's the name, second year and my zodiac is Aries." On her arm a slim sterling silver bracelet dangled. I shake her hand out of politeness, making me wonder how she has such a bold energy radiating off of her.

"Y/N, this is my first year here." My wary, limp handshake is grabbed firmly and shaken with a strong arm.

Her smile doesn't fade, only growing brighter as she continues.

"A freshmen in a sophomore class, must have some brain in there then." Her words remained blunt but not holding any animosity in them. "Hey, why don't we be friends, you and I? You seem like a nice girl with her head on her shoulders."

With that I am left baffled. Her cheery mood seems blinding in the morning light, not to mention she was the only person willing to talk in the room.
I laugh to myself as I think back to Ronnie, and how my expression now must be similar to his when I suggested being friends.

"Sure, why not? You seem like the life of the party Mia." My words were relaxed and optimistic as we both laugh. Though our productive conversation was cut short as the bell sounded off, indicating that class is now starting.

The teacher slumps up and sighs as he pushes up his blonde hair over his forehead before standing up to close the door. Though he pauses, looking at his watch and tapped his foot as he held the door open. Those who were awake didn't seem to pay any mind to this almost as if it was normal.

The halls were now less crowded but I could hear the distant sound of shoes squeaking against the floor. The teacher roles his hazel eyes as a fair-haired boy suddenly ran into the classroom.

The boy skids across the floor causing his body to jerk backwards in an awkward motion. The bag around his left arm shot forward before being pulled back by the brown leather strap. His cornflower eyes scans across the classroom before landing on Mia. He cheeks were dust pink as he fixed his posture.

"Sorry Mr. Hendricks," The boy coughs but the teacher just rolls his eyes. "I'll seat myself." The boy shuffled his body to the open seat on Mia's right side.

"First day back and you still manage to run late, Andrew." The teacher signs heavily before walking to his desk to collect papers.

The fair-haired boy, Andrew, glances in my direction before Mia steals his attention. "Still making a fashionable entrance as usual." Mia whispers in a joking manner.

Andrew mutters a small nervous chuckle as he rubs the back of his neck. The navy blue blazer was unbuttoned and his white button up shirt was barely tucked in, forming messy wrinkles. Though despite all this he still has his tie fixed sharply around his collar and his black slip on dress shoes was unscuffed.