The Rot On Spoiled Fruit

"So Ronnie, What where your last two class periods like?" I cheerfully ask Ronnie as I stick my fork into a slice of f/f. I am taken aback by the sudden burst of flavor from it. This was one of the best I had ever eaten. I continue to munch down as I looked to Ronnie.

Ronnie smiles at me as he sips on his water bottle. "I-It was nothing much really, but I was worried. First it was that rude girl, then you sat next to Tao." Ronnie almost grimaced at the thought.

Ronnie stares at me for a while as I try to recall when Ronnie entered the classroom. "Wait, when did you get to class?" I try to cover up that the fact we share classes together slipped my mind.

Ronnie frowns, not particularly happy with my question. "I was in the class before you. I sat in the left corner of the room." His eyes stared at me for a little while longer before darting to the floor.

"A-anyways, you didn't answer the question. Y/N, are you ok? You seemed so scared in class-" Right as Ronnie tried to ask again a familiar voice was calling my name.

"Y/N! There you are!" Mia waves at me as she walks over with Andrew, Matthew being nowhere in sight. "Ronnie, you have the same lunch as us?" Mia questions Ronnie as she notices him sitting next to me.

Ronnie shakes his head in confirmation. "Y-yeah. It good to see you, Mia." Ronnie gives a little wave and a sheepish smile. The tense atmosphere from before dissipates as the pair sit down.

"Its good to see Ronnie making friends for a change." Mia comments out loud as she sticks her fork into a salad bowl. Andrew gives her a look as he to starts to eat his lunch.

At this point all the items I settled across the table are now piled in a single, empty seat. Ronnie and I seemed to forget about the conversation we had before as the pair infront of us settled down.

"So, Y/N, what do you think of Matthew?" Mia starts another string of conversation, however this causes me to choke on the soup I was drinking. I cough as my throat burns and the suddenness of the question. What made it even worse was Ronnie was sitting next to me.

"W-what!? Mia I literally just met him!" I reach for my napkin and start to wipe at my mouth.

Andrew signs as he takes a bite out of an apple. "Mia...stop trying to find Matthew a girlfriend, he already has one!" Andrew shakes his head as he looks at me. "Don't listen to her, she's like this with every girl she finds." Mia sighs as Andrew brings to light the origin of her question.

"So what if I am? She's way better than that-" Mia takes in a deep breath and sighs as well. "I only want Matthew to be happy," She rubs her forehead in annoyance. "But out of all the girls, he goes for Rebecca."

"Rebecca?" I say the name out loud but it comes out as more of a question. Ronnie and Andrew both look at me with regretful eyes.

"Yeah, Rebecca," Mia starts as she pulls out her phone that dangles a metal charm on it that is shaped as a cherry blossom flower. "This is what she looks like," She shows me a group photo of Matthew, Andrew, Ethan and a girl with strawberry pink streaks dyed in her blonde hair. That girl was the same person from my English class. Matthew and 'Rebecca' stood next to each other as Ethan wrapped his arm around Andrews neck which seems like nothing to Andrew in the photo. On the furthest to the right was an unfamiliar boy with Platinum blonde hair and green eyes. His smile was charming and seductive even just through the photograph.

"Hey, I know her! She's in our English class," My tone was flat and agitated as I recount the memory of our interaction. "She's... something else.." I try to put my words in a polite way but Mia just shoots it down.

"Yeah, a b*tch. Always been one and will never change. She's more plastic than barbie and God knows how much bronzer she goes through in a day," She blurted out in an exaggerated tone has she gestures to the crowded table. Mia retracts the phone in her hand and shoved it back into her pocket in annoyance. "She has slept with almost every guy in school, including some of the teachers. But you didn't hear that from me."