Club Fair

The last bell rang for the day as students were dismissed from their classes. As the sea of students moved past quickly to the exits some seemed to linger near the cafeteria doors. The club fair was to be held there thirty minutes after school has ended. The tables and chairs were strategically moved to form different rows and spaced so people can flow down the different strips so they can observe the different clubs offered. The extra tables were pushed against the wall as the chair were stacked and lean against the wall, so neither would be in the way of those walking around in the fair. Different clubs started to fill the empty tables with colorful table cloths and trinkets. Soon hand made posters can be seen being taped and secured in the line of sight of potential new members. Amongst the waiting students was none other than y/n as she watched intensely at the sight of the bustling cafeteria. She watched as some of the groups giggled and chatted as they set up the different tables, wondering if she would be doing the same next year for a club she had come to love. There had to be at least twelve clubs setting up at the moment, which seemed a little small compared to the size of the school.

'I already know the Athletics and Photography Club have people I know in them, I should look at them first once the event starts.'

As the girl got lost in her thoughts a slight push against her shoulder brought her out of her zoned out state. Turning to see the tall, blue eyed boy behind her she flinched slightly. She saw how icy his state was and how intensely his gaze seemed to grow. A large box overflowing with supplies was in his hands, looking like it weighed a ton. "Ah! I apologize, I'll move out of the way." You for some reason felt the need to become very formal in your way of speaking with him as you moved to the side and out of the way. With a slight nod of thanks the icy hues snap back to the path the boy was walking, which seemed to lead to various tables in the cafeteria as he handed out more basic supplies for advertisment.

That's when you eye something on the ground, a key card. Carefully you picked it up and checked to see the name and ID image of the student.

It was him.

The boy to that had just walked past with the heavy boxes. My hands gripped the card tightly as I tried to rush after him. I awkwardly pushed through the crowd of people standing by the cafeteria entrance.

"E-Excuse me! Sorry!" I quickly apologized as I stumble through with my bag bouncing around haphazardly.

"Um! E-Elmer!" I called out as I gotten closer to what seemed like the boys silhouette. I reach up and lightly tap the guys shoulder as I watch the tall boy turn around to find someone unfamiliar looking back. The boy awkwardly smiled as his sea blue eyes met mine. His thick navy blue hair was parted on his left side as it hung over his forehead, almost covering his eyes. His ears were both pierced with a silver studs that sparkled in the light as blush slowly crept up his pale skin. "Oh, I'm so sorry! I mistook you for someone else." My eyes dart around as I look for the ice statue of a guy only to find he has long disappeared out of my sight.

"Oh, no hard feelings here," he guy rubbed the back of his neck shyly as he leaned down to my level. "I get that a lot. Is there anything I could do to help?" He flashed a playful smile as I backed away slightly. His uniforms blazer was unkept as some of his shirt buttons were undone, slightly revealing his collar bone and a bit of his chest as he bent down.

"Ah...um, actually do you know where this person went?" Clumsily I hold up the ID card to show the stranger. "I'm trying to return it to him after finding it on the ground." The boy studies the card intensely before looking back at me.

He leans back up to fix his posture as he rubbed his chin thoughtfully."Oh him? He was just here actually. I think he is heading back to one of the club rooms for more boxes, I think it was theater."

My face becomes a bit glum as I realize I don't know were that is and the boy seems to pick up on it. "Don't know were that is, do yah?" I shake my head, leaving the boy to look back at his clubs table. A team member noticed our interaction and looked at the blue haired boy almost shaking his head to say no. Despite that the blue haired boy snapped his fingers as an idea seemed to pop in his head. "I know, I can show you were that is if you want!"

"No you don't, Vier!" Someone come up behind the blue haired boy and grabs his shirt collar. "You need to stay here and help me!" The someone was a shorter boy with a long red ponytail and glasses. "The Music Club needs at least two representatives at the table, you know this!" The blue haired boy, Vier, had his eyes locked with mine almost begging me to help. The red haired boy started to shake Vier violently as he began to chastised him.

"Y/N, What are you doing here?" I turn around awkwardly to address the voice, it was Ethan. He seemed to be carrying a guitar case along with his school bag. "They didn't start the fair already, did they Drie?"

The red haired boy turns to face Ethan and shakes his head. "No. This girl just came up to our table thinking Vier was someone apart of her club I think."

Ethan looks at me with slight disappointment. "You are apart of a club already?"

I shake my head to dismiss what Drie had previously said. "Actually I'm looking for someone, do you know were the theater club is? Or have you seen him nearby?" I hold up the ID card as Ethan seems to let out a sigh then become tense at the sight of the card.

"Damnit." Ethan mumbled under his breath as he rubbed at the bridge of his nose.

"What was that?" I asked wondering what he seemed so upset about.

"It's nothing, sorry. Why don't I help yah look for him, the Music Clubs Room is near the theatre one anyways."

"Really? That would be nice if you can, I don't want to bother you though. It seems like your tired already." I started to walk away before Ethan grabs my wrist lightly.

"Come on, don't be like that! Your not being bothersome to me," Ethan ruffles my hair playfully and gives me a warm smile. "If anything it's perfect timing. I need to practice trying to convince people to join our club and you're the perfect dummy."

I scrunched up my nose. "You mean test dummy, right?"

"no-Ow!" Ethan yelped as I punched his arm. "Hey what was that for!?" He yelled as he gave Vier the guitar case. Vier watched the two of us sceptically as some sort of sadness seems to fill his eyes.

"What was with you calling me stupid!?" I yelled back at him as he started to walk away, seeming to lead me to the Theatre Club Room.

"I didn't call you stupid," Ethan clarified with his high and mighty tone. "I called you a dummy."

"That's the same thing!"

"No. One sounds cuter," Ethan winked causing me to blush and stammer in rage. Our footsteps quickly lead us down an empty hall as we made a few turns.

"But they mean the same thing, asshat!"

"Hey! Not nice!" He wined as he faked being hurt over it. "Besides, am I wrong? You seem slow to catch on sometimes and-" I punch his arm again causing him to yelp again. "Ow! Hey rude! Stop that!"

"What do you mean I'm slow to catch on? What on earth are you talking about?"

Ethan seemed to take a pause, almost debating with himself on what to say next. "...you can't be serious, right? I mean Rons-"

"Woah-!" My ankle suddenly rolled over itself while we were walking causing me to fall over, that was until Ethan tried to catch me sending us both falling. I landed on something firm, but soft enough not to be the ground. I groan as I raised my head to look up and see that I was on top of Ethan, who held my head with one hand and my waist with the other. My face suddenly became burning hot as I sat up to look at Ethan who was previously groaning in pain. Our eyes met, causing an awkward silence to hold over us.

'S-Shit'