Misty Palm

Louis and Jack sat waiting outside my house in the car as I pulled together the final touches to my outfit. It was simple, a white long sleeved shirt with a small chest window that was held together in an X, paired with my denim navy blue shorts and silvery grey tennis shoes. My hair was fix causally on my head as my long strides carried me over to the red Honda Civic. Yes it was old and beaten down but it didn't stop the car from traveling. Slung over my shoulder was a small silver bag with long skinny straps that held my phone, keys, and wallet. This meet up we planned for the weekend had been long over due and I was more than excited to talk to my friends in person after such a long time. 

"Come on! We've been waiting forever, let's go!" Louis was tempted to slap the horn right before I swung open the door and hopped in.

"Sorry! It was harder to leave through the front door than I thought," Through my quick breaths I managed an apology. "Isn't it nice that none of us are grounded anymore?" I said jokingly as the pair in front groaned.

"I don't want to hear that from you little miss 'sweet but evil' actress! You do the same things as us, if not worse!" Jack shot me a look through the mirror attached to the sun visor. A wide grin spread across his cherry red lips as his forest green eyes glint in a teasing nature. His chocolate skin still looked as smooth as I remember while his tapered hairstyle seems to have grown out since the last time I saw him.

Louis glances back at me with a smile as she drives through the neighborhood. Her former jet black hair was now dyed a ruby red which went down to her shoulder blades. Her amber eyes flicked around like a lively flame as she kept her eyes on the road. Her skin seemed to have grown a shade tanner while still showing signs of blemishes, well if it wasn't for her makeup that is. Her gold stud piercings matched with her nose piercing which she had gotten a month before school started for her birthday.

"So this place you were talking about is The Misty Palm, right? Well let's hope the prices aren't too high considering it came from a rich friend of yours." Louis committed as she fallowed the GPS on her phone that was sitting in the cup holder. "Or else you'll be paying!" She jokingly added.

"Come on, I checked online and the prices are for our pockets...it's just the location is a bit out of the way." I retorted which only got an 'okay' out of the duo. Though the car ride wasn't all that dull as we found other things to talk about till we reached out destination. 

The trees swiftly passed us by as shades of ruby red and bright yellow blurs by. It was officially fall now with the changing of the leaves yet the temperature had yet to settle on cooling down. The ever so bipolar weather made it clear it will be until the end of november till it officially begins to go below forty degrees conditionally.

After passing through the busy street corner we arrived at the cafe. A one story building that sat at the corner of the shared parking lot which other buildings used in the area. The aged bricks were painted white as the window frames, door frames, gutters, and flower boxes were accented black. Lush green bushes lined themselves on the outside of black metal gates that sectioned off a small outside area with white wooden tables with black and white striped umbrellas over head that currently sat a few dining customers. A large sign settled itself on the metal roof above as fancy cursive writing curled itself around a palm tree.

"This looks real new." Jack whistled as he exited the car and closed the door behind him.

"And it smells like they bake their own pastries!" Louis added excitedly after the took in a deep breath.

The three of you walked up to the right as one of the waiters come out. As you pass the guy buy you catch a glimpse of him and find yourself feeling as if you knew him from somewhere. Though you were too distracted by the fancy mature theme of the decor to really think about it. Inside the roof hung high with dark wooden planks decorating the raised ceiling. Yellow bulbs hung down from the ceiling from black wires and we're encased in a thin black wire cage. In the front sat a large glass case that held different types of desserts inside as the cash register sat right next to it. Directly behind it was a swinging door that you could only assume led to the kitchen.  To your right an open door frame led to more seating a small bar-like set up that housed many different licor bottles with an expresso machine behind the white counter.