Breakup

Warning foul language and violence ahead.

Echoed of conversations merging with one another cascaded around the wide and spacious halls as stores lined either side of the path. From food to clothing everything was lighted in glowing sides and wide shop windows full of products for sale. The roof of the shopping mall was glass and allowed for the sun to shine through.

And there you felt free.

Music numbed your ears silly as you walked around aimlessly with your hands in your pockets. You kept to yourself as you glanced into the stores, only here to calm yourself after what Nate said to you.

He's the one who's wrong not you.

And there you stopped in front of a small cafe. The food and drinks inside catching your eye you smiled to yourself. You didn't bother reading the name only focusing on getting yourself a treat. You admired the modern masculine vibe from the place, finding comfort in the darker colors and industrial hanging lights.

'Nate would like it here.'

It was a simple thought that you roughly casted aside.

'No. I'm still mad at him.'

Shaking your head clear you left the cafe and wandered around with your treat in hand, trying to find a place to eat peacefully. There by the fountain sitting under the large glass chandelier you sat on a bench that was across from the lovely sight. It was quieter here as the fountain sat in one of the forgotten corners of the mall. Admiring is what you did for a while, watching as the light caught in the glass above danced around as pedestrians walked back and forth.

You snapped out of your thoughts when you heard someone behind you mumbling. From the other side of the plant display a small boy with blonde hair sat hunched over and crying. Through his tears you can hear him cursing out names as you watched as he frustratingly whipped away his own tears.

"Stupid fucking assholes...hic...fuck them..."

You we quickly turned your attention away from the scene and tried to mind your own business. But the more you sat and listened the more you cringed inside. It's not like there was anything you could do anyways.

Fuck it.

"The suns pretty bright, it's kinda annoying right?"

You started blabbering the first thing that came to mind. Though the boy did realize you were talking to him you still kept yapping away.

"I mean seriously on days like these I can't see anything outside because of it. And now even inside its a bother."

You tapped on the granite wall as your socially awkward start sunk into your head. You were now partly turned around, looking at the boy through your peripheral. On the other hand the boy became quite and turned to face you. You could feel confusion and anger roll off him as he bore holes in your face.

"The fuck you want?" He spat harshly.

'Yeah I shouldn't have butted in.'

"I don't know complain about stupid shit." You shrugged.

"What the fuck you say?"

'Yeah bad choice of words.'

"I don't know. I've had a shit day too, thought maybe...you would agree the suns a bitch."

He looked at you like you were crazy.

"S-Sorry, I'm bothering you aren't I? Just ignore me," you stuttered finally meeting his brown eyes before quickly looking away. You rubbed your neck awkwardly. "...sorry I didn't mean to piss you off, I'll leave you alone."