The Toll Trolls

Warning: mentions of suicide, sexual assault, death, strong language, and gore
__________

Dad threw me into the house as he slammed the front door behind himself. The dirty cream carpet padded my fall as I used my hands to brace myself. I landed with a loud thud as fear rolled off me in waves.

"Don't look at me like that!" He harshly screamed. "You know better than to not tell me were you are!"

I was stuttering "I-I know, I-Im sorry! P-please dad I didn't mean to!" His eyes looked through me. Cold grey orbs fixed themselves on a ghost as he replayed an old yet never forgotten memory.

The door was shattered into pieces after it was kicked in multiple times over by the brawny man which sent wood flying in all directions. Shouts from his daughter echoed yet passed away in the background as the dark room was illuminated by the hallways dim light. The messy room was littered about in his boys possessions but all in the room before him looked like a still picture. A pale, thin-looking boy crossed his vision as obvious cuts and bruises littered his arms while his limp body hung from the ceiling fan. The chair from the desk pulled out and pushed away from the body. Nick's hair mimicked the daughters shade while only being cut shorter. The man couldn't believe it, how could he lose his son so soon? So unfairly? Why did this happen?

"You aren't leaving this house, do you understand? I'll be damned before that happens." Your father sneered. Quickly you scuttled up the stairs without much thought. You got lucky.

You tried your best not to slam the door behind you as you huddled under the covers. It was hard to not cry at this point as everything in you screamed to but you've had enough crying for today, you were tired. Time passed by slowly as you rested with no dreams till you heard a loud thump from down stairs. At first you wondered if your father punched the wall again but an alarming muffled sound fallowed. The sound of a blood curtailing cry that escaped your father sent your brain into a frenzy. The cry sounded so different to any other pain filled shouting, this one sounded as though he was dieing. You carefully placed your ear against your door as you listened to a foreign man's voice speak muffled words.

"Just business sir." Was all you heard till the sound of a loud firework setting off rang through the house. You were drowsy before but that loud crackling sound definitely woke you up properly.

"What the hell!?" You whispered under you breath as you crawled away from the door. Scrambling to the window you took notice of the busted lock. Whether it was you forgetting if you tried to break it in your confinement before or just an eerie stroke of luck it didn't matter, all that did was the fact you had a way out. While trying to make as little noise as possible you reached out to the tall oak tree near the house. It's thick branch reached out crookedly as it grew in a wicked fashion, with its arm bent in unnerving angles. I grabbed onto it, not caring much for to chilled autumn air that played the outside.

I was running fast and far as I turned to see my house being turned onto it's head. I felt happy with myself for once that I didn't bother to dress out because it meant I still had my shoes on. Tripping down the desolate streets I constantly looked over my shoulder while cursing myself for not grabbing a weapon. The blades of brown lawns eyed me while I passed them, suspecting me of crime. The street lamps were a dim orange as they glowed while I was fallowed by ghosts.

"Hey there~!" A cheerful voice called. "Where you goin' girly~?" The question was fallowed by a whistle. Out of the shadows three young men appeared, were I instantly recognized them. They were the ones who tormented my brother.

"Oh it's none other than little kitty, where have you been~?" One of them cooed.

"Hiding away, sadly." Another sighed with longing. "We miss hanging around your brother, he always gave us a nice gift when he saw us."