Lunch

"Whew! I can't believe we made it!" I stretched as I stood up and faced Ronnie who as standing by my desk with his school bag in hand. Gathering my things I think back to the sprint I made to the classroom door as it began to close. We were late to our English class and a minute behind the tardy bell. The teacher was more than surprised as I stuck my leg between the door so it wouldn't close on us, though now my leg is throbbing. We managed to survive class all the way through without any other events happening, except the less than secret glances Tao made towards me and Ronnie through the period.

"W-Well we made it, barely, you shouldn't have spent all that time scoulding me!" Ronnie chuckled at the memory of y/n's winded face. Her red cheeks flushed as she was winded. Y/N ruffled his hair playfully with a wide cheeky grin.

"I don't regret it though, you need someone to tell you not to do stupid things like running for no reason with all your might." I roughly swipe my hand against his hair, which was really soft. 'Dang....I want to feel it more.' Nope, wait! No we aren't doing this, he's my friend, that's weird. Catching myself from my weird thoughts I distract myself from them by thinking about this morning..

'Shit on a log, I was doing so well forgetting till this moment.' I groan at the thought and wince in pain as I accidentally slam my school bag against my leg. I stumble backwards were I ran into the familiar lavender boy. The smell of soft cotton and flowery calone fills my nose as the feeling of someones hands catching my side suddenly appeared. I didn't have to look up to know who it was.

"Sorry Tao...I tripped again." I shyly backed away from him and dust myself off. This guy is always so quiet and can sneak up on you like a ghost. But from what I gathered over the past two weeks was that he was harmless and kind of creepy with all the starring. It's like he is trying to talk to me with his eyes. Tao looked down at me and watched as I brushed myself off awkwardly. Looking back up at him and seeing his violet eyes I couldn't help but kinda feel bad for him. He's usually alone aside from the occasional appearance near Ronnie's side. Tao started to walk off for his lunch time leaving Ronnie and I in the classroom alone. I watch the lonely boy go with a sigh.

'Crap don't tell me she likes Tao. I mean look at her staring at him, probably day dreaming. I already figured Tao might be a problem but in the meddling sense not steal your girl sense. I guess Tao did have a fan club before the 'incident' and many of them thought he was cute. Great now I have to worry about Ethan and Tao.'

Ronnie groaned at the stressful thought of having to shoo away two stubborn guys and keeping face with y/n. Or having to keep y/n flirting with them. "H-Hey let's head to lunch." Ronnie took the lead in the march to lunch. Y/N soon fallowed after as her attention snapped back to Ronnie. She fallowed shortly behind him down the hall as she slightly limped as she walked.

"H-How's the leg? I saw how you kept the door open by sticking your leg through the door," This was an actual concern Ronnie had for a while, if he had it his way he would have picked her up and carried her to the infirmary. "It looks like it really hurts, do you want to go to the infirmary?"

Y/N just shook her head and continued walking. "No I'm fine. It doesn't hurt that badly, besides what are they gonna do about it?"

"W-Well they could give you ice. Y-You could also lay down and stop walking on your leg." Ronnie nagged, almost grabbing y/n's school bag and carrying it for her.

"I'm fine Ronnie, really!" Y/N pulled up her bags strap against her shoulder. She tried again to cover her limp, though it still was noticable when looking for it. Ronnie finally had a turn to nag y/n. The whole trip to the cafeteria Ronnie nagged y/n about her leg.

"Finally you two joined us!" Mia let out and exhausted sigh of relief. "Also thanks for waiting up this morning," Mia sarcastically conversed "you practically ran from the room, y/n." A pause came from both y/n and Ronnie at Mia's words as they came to a stop at the table.

'Crap I forgotten about Mia and Andrew, Mia is probably pissed.'

Y/N will soon learn 'pissed' was an understatement.

Mia marches forward from were she was previously standing and towards the pair. Mia reached her hand over the head of y/n and pinched the back of y/n's neck. "Dude, why did you run off!?" Mia yelled as she continued to pinch.

"Ow, owowowowow. Dude!? Dude!? You asking me what's the problem!? What's yours!?" Y/N hissed in pain and wiggled out of Mia's pinches and behind Ronnie. "Just chill first, you psycho!" Y/N gently rubbed the pinched skin and eyed Mia. Mia waited impatiently as she wished to continue her march.

"I-I ran out of the classroom because of the guy!" Y/N yelled causing the people sitting at the tables near them to look at the group curiously as those walking near the group try to avoid eye contact. "The guy! The guy!" Y/N yelled again as Mia pinched her arm. "The guy with red eyes!" Mia then paused in her pinching fit.

"A guy!?" Mia asked excitedly, taking a complete 180 from anger to glee.

"A guy?" Andrew also asked curiously.

"A..Guy!" Ronnie almost spat as anger started to spike. 'And I thought I only had two to worry about!'

"Y-Yeah, a guy....with mean red eyes and a grumpy face." Y/N shivered at the memory to the guys glare.

Mia looked around and finally became self aware of the crowd. "L-Lets go find somewhere to sit before we get into any details.

...

"So he just...stared at you?" Mia question as the group ate lunch in a lounge area that was quite a bit away from the busy cafeteria and eyed y/n's reactions. Everyone had decided to find a private-ish spot away from other people and get some food in the belly before anything discussed causes a loss of appetite, mostly for y/n's sake. The previous excitement in her voice died long ago as she took in y/n's story.

"Yeah I was kind of spacing out and staring out at the rain and began to notice his staring. Even when we made eye contact he kept staring at me, intensely," with a weak bite out of the food on her fork. "His eyes were grilling me even after I looked away." Another shiver ran through her body at the thought.

"Oh...was it that hot punk guy that walked in? I think he's a third year, I think his name is Jarah." Mia commented as she reminisced about the morning class.

'Frick, did Mia have to use the word 'hot' to describe him?'

Ronnie worried over the thought of the strange new guy taking interest in y/n.

'Man it's seeming better and better to just lock her away from prying eyes and protect her from these circling vultures.'

"Maybe...he wasn't staring at you for a weird reason? Maybe he likes you?" Mia suggested trying to look for something she seemed as positive.

Y/N paused and looked down at her food before speaking. "...On a less concerning note, is anyone staying after for the club fair?" Y/N deflected the course of the conversation to a better suited topic so everyone could eat, but leaving Mia with answer blue balls.

"I am," Andrew chimed in cheerfully. "I have to stay for the fair and help run the Athletics Club table. We just do a different sport each week, it's fun!"

"I can't," Mia pouted. "I'm stuck at home because-"

"Because your grounded." Andrew finished her sentence as he scarfed down his fruit cup before Mia choked him.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"My dad found out I was sneaking out one night to meet up with a boy," Mia sighed. "Now I can't do anything fun."

"And that's your fault. You got caught, personally that doesn't happen to me." Andrew teased.

That's when the two started to bicker leaving y/n room to look around and notice a familiar figure walking away. "T-Tao.." It was a slightly weak and sorry excuse to call his name as he walked away with a tray of food. The boy looked so lonely as he walked all by himself down the hall.

"Tao!?" Mia turned her head to look for Tao while holding onto Andrews shirt collar. Once Mia eyes him she lets go and sprints towards him.

"Tao! My old bestie! Where and how have you been?" Mia slung her arm around Tao who jumped at her sudden appearance.