Cards Of The Deck

"What the hell??" The curse bursted through my lips while the blood in my body started rushing to my head. "I'm not a corpse, don't carry me like one!"

"But you look half dead!" He chuckled while shaking his steps from side to side. My body bounced off him and swung without my permission.

"Well that's probably for multiple reasons. Do you have a phone on you? I need to call 911 because someone broke into my house and shot my dad." Ethan's demeanor suddenly went cold.

"What?" He exclaimed. He settled me onto the ground without a second thought while I brushed myself down. He glances around for a second before taking my hand in his and dragging me down an ally. 

"I don't know exactly what happened," I started as my throat felt dry. "I was upstairs when I heard the gunshots, but I have a strong feeling my dad isn't going to be found alive." Ethan's grip tightened on my hand as I continued, carefully guiding me down the sidewalk a long a busy street. "I escaped through the window and ran as fast and as far as I could."

"Till I found you with those punks," Ethan spat through gritted teeth. "Don't worry about a thing, the cafe is safe and you can make a call there."

I reluctantly nodded my head and not much later I found myself standing outside of the closed door of the Misty Palm. The inside was devoid of light while chairs were flipped onto the tables. Ethan unlocked the door and led me to the break room. Not going to lie it was kind of creepy to see the place without lights or patrons.

"Here, this blanket should be clean enough fo you to use," Ethan handed me a fuzzy orange blanket with blue stars. Thanking him I quickly wrapped the soft thing around my freezing body as I shivered relentlessly. My ears and nose felt numb while my finger nails were turned blue. "And this is the landline the cafe owns, make the call and I'll go and make something warm for yah."

I nodded my head in thanks while accepting the phone. "Wow, I guess I really do owe you a lot." I muttered while dialing up 911.

"You do," Ethan grinned. "I guess you'll have to find a way to pay me back, yah?"

"You-"

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Oh! Hello, yes there was a break-in on-"

Ethan closed the door gently and went off in the kitchen to find some ingredients for the spiced fruit drink he was famous for. He was more than thankful for the fact that he managed to stop those punks before they did anything worse, but sadly though it wasn't in the cleanest fashion. Looking down at his bloodstained shoes a small sigh escaped him. That's going to cost a pretty penny to clean, not to mention the shirt y/n was currently wearing. He needed to get rid of it before the police came or else he might risk ruining the timeline of events for the girl. 

'There should be a spare.' Ethan glances around for a moment to see if y/n was going to leave the break room, finding that it wasn't going to happen with the sound of muffled sobbing coming from the other side. Quietly he made his way to the walk-in fridge. It was chilly in the small shelves room that housed ingredients. The tile from the kitchen coated it's floors as a soft blue light hummed overhead. The drain cover was a massive circular disk that fixed itself to the floor, almost looking like a manhole with how wide it was. Carefully he lifted the disk from it's resting place and ventured down into the pit below, climbing on the worn metal handles that served as a crewed ladder.

It took long strides down the dim hall to make it to the room that housed spares. The dark brick walls set an eerie tone as his footsteps echoed off of the concrete floors. Ever so often a yellow light on the wall would be past as doors were barely spared glances. The damp floor sent chills up his spine as a drop fell from the ceiling and onto his neck. He opened the spare room door only to find their very own wild card standing there with a blood stained shirt.

Jarah glanced in Ethan's direction before grimacing. "What are you doing here so late? And why do you look like you smashed someone's head in?" The boy spat as he pushed some of his loose black locks of hair away.

"The same could be asked to you, Mr. Wild." Ethan scowled while Jarah cocked his head to the side and glared at Ethan, whom, was changing out as well.

"Don't call me that bullshit, Dulce would do."

"Oh but I thought you loved our 'calling cards'." Ethan sarcastically retorted before grabbing the spare shirt he could find from one of his female coworkers locker.

"And where are you going with that?"

"Upstairs," Ethan stated in a monotone voice. "We have a guest upstairs and they are making a blue call."

"I'll stay down here then," Jarah signed before Ethan slammed the door. "Fuck you to bitch." He muttered out loud as he flipped off the now closed door.