Cares About You

The memory of the boy still lingers in my head as his red eyes haunt me. I rub the back of my head roughly to get rid of the itchy feeling over my body. My pace down the hall was faster than usual as I almost ran from my math class and to my second bell. The court yard was again busy with the usual faces, studying folk leaning against the trees, those who were huddled in groups in the grass joking and talking amongst themselves and the loud obnoxious group near the fountain. Ethan sat on the edge of the stone rim that kept the water in the fountain. His eyes moved back and forth between his different friends that circled around him. Like usual the group harassed almost anyone walking by. But unlike the first day I have come to like the group as they did nothing but rub their mouths and nothing more.

"Oi, y/n! Get over here!" Ethan waved me over as the group made a hole to let me through. I rolled my eyes as Ethan started his normal routine. First he signal me out, hold me up from getting to class and crack his usual cheap joke.

"Yeah yeah, I know the drill," I smiled as I was pulled into a side hug. It was Derek, one of the guys in the group who was even more friendly than Ethan. His short pinkish-orange hair hung over his face loosely as his face was directly above mine once I tilted my head upwards. "Pfft, hi." I laughed as his hazel eyes locked with mine as I eyed the funny face he was making. His grin widen even more as his silver studied earring twinkled in the sunlight.

"Hey there Birdy." He greeted back with a cheeky smile as I could feel his chest rumble with his voice. It was a rich feeling that could almost send shivers down ones spine as he leaned his head closer. I could only laugh and look towards Ethan to avoid the awkward eye contact with Derek in this position. Ethan had a crooked smile on his face at the sight of Derek and I.

"Hey now Derek, you don't want to be doing that once y/n's boyfriend comes around." Ethan teasingly warned Derek as Ethan rested his arm in the space between Derek and I.

"Boyfriend?" Derek's voice rang out in shock and disappointment.

I shake my head in discouragement as I look up at Ethan with a scowl. "Ethan," I started as Derek furthered himself from me by awkwardly pulling his arm away. "It's enough with that nonsense! Ronnie and I aren't dating, we are *friends*." I put extra emphasis on the friends part.

Ethan looked conflicted on what to say. His eyes flashed in amusement and worry as he just rubs my hair gently. "Well is that so? Then why aren't you two dating yet? I thought you were with how close you two were, I mean he has..." Ethan trailed off as he looked past me. I turn my head to see what he was looking at as well but my sight was blocked by the wall of guys. Ethan standing taller than most of the guys didn't have this problem with whatever he was looking at. But what exactly does Ronnie have that made Ethan think we are a couple?

"Hey, it's a bit rude to not look at the person your talking to. And what did you mean Ronnie had something? What does he have?" Ethan's eyes snap back to mine as I started to ask my questions.

"He has lots of nice things to say about you, don't yah know?" Ethan leaned down to my level as he continued to rub his hand against my hair. "He goes on and on about how kind you are and how you smell nice-" Ethan was stopped by the sound of someone running over.

"S-Stop! S-Stop running your mouth!" The sound of Ronnie hurrying to catch his breath could be heard as his paced slowed. The group of boys made another hole allowing me to see Ronnie hunched over in an attempt to not pass out. How far and fast did he have to run to get like that!? It honestly seemed like he was going to pass out right then and there with how red his face had gotten. I attempted to walk over to check on him but I stopped mid way through when he looked up at me. "Are you...okay?" I asked awkwardly as I stopped and stared into his brown eyes.

"Y/NNNN~!" Ronnie whined as he hobbled his way over to me. "Don't tell...huff...he said..huff huff..weird to you..cough..." Ronnie's body leaned forward as it began to fall forward. I rushed to catch him, tripping and stumbling over his foot, falling on the ground with him falling on top of me.

"Geeze Ronnie!" I yell as his body weight over me was heavy and knocked most of the air out of me. His face hanged over mine precariously as his hazel eyes could now be seen clearly due to his bangs hanging freely away from his eyes and forehead. He then proceeded to hold himself up by his arms on either side of my head with his palms directly against the concrete. I squint my eyes at the sight.

'He kinda looks....less like a cute bunny like he usually is but he had become more...crap.' I could feel the blush against the ends of my cheeks as I turn to look away. 'His face! His face is kinda hot! No, he is my friend. My *friend*, but I mean....No! No thoughts like that about the innocent!' I close my eyes to suppress my weird thoughts as Ronnie made a funny face. I swallowed my saliva to clear my throat before scolding him.

"Ronnie! Why did you run so hard that you can't even keep yourself up right? What was so important!?" I turn to look back up at him after unclosing my eyes to give him an angry stare.

Sadly though for me the sight of his face causes my heart to skip. His cheekbones we're softly defined against his slightly pale skin. His face was clear of any acne which was kind of surprising, along with how small his pours were. His eyelashes were long and soft-looking as his eyes themselves for they were clear and held the same doe-eyed boy I knew but with a charming twist. His eyes seemed to suggest something new to me that wasn't the Ronnie I knew, something more sinister. They twinkled in hung-

'Yeah no enough of that me! That is little Ronnie! Not some beast!' After yelling internally at myself I began to try to sit up and slip out of Ronnie's awkward barricade. "Ronnie could you stand up, please?" Ronnie continued to stare at my face as I continued to awkwardly wriggle about like a worm.

That's when Ronnie was lifted by the back of the collar of his shirt as Ethan gave me a teasing grin. That's when Ronnie finally came back to Earth after spacing out for forever. Ronnie smacked Ethan's hand away and stood up on his own, brushing himself down and fixing his uniform. I stood up as well, finally free from an awkward and enlightening experience.

'I have to figure out whether or not I want to see Ronnie with his bangs out of the way again...Note to self get Ronnie to move his bangs at least once more....To make sure I wasn't seeing things...yeah.'

After standing up I brush myself down and fix my uniform, luckily my black pants weren't too messed up. That's when I eye up Ronnie who now has his bangs fixed in place once again and in prime condition for me to nag him.

Ronnie's POV:

Y/N has been scolding me for a good minute as she nagged me about what I did, though I don't really understand what exactly was wrong. That part doesn't really matter, as long as her attention was on me and away from Ethan. The group of punks still circled us and stuffed their laughs as they watched y/n scold me. That was somewhat bothersome because they make my effort to direct her attention to me a joke, it wasn't a joke. The past two weeks had been rough due to this pest and his meddling, but I will admit pushing her in the direction of dating me was smart. I guess there isn't going to be a slip up like what happened with Lennan. And unlike Lennan I'm actually going to love the girl with all I can.

But thinking back to how y/n was staring at me was cute. Her blush was slight but at least I was the only one who can see it. I wonder why she was blushing, was it how I was on top of her? Or was it my face? Probably not my face because sees seen it so many times and never blushed. I guess y/n likes that sort of thing? I thought it was soft boys...dang trying to understand her sometimes is rough.

"Ronnie are you even listening!?" Y/N calls out to me as I nod my head. Of course I was listening but I was also just thinking about how cute you are. Your a treasure you know? I bet she hasn't even noticed how much time we waisted standing here. We are going to be late to class at this rate. Ah I like that word, we.

....
P.S. that image above is our boy Derek.