The Ice Prince And The Pauper

Ethan's eyes grow wider as I sat up on him. His red hair laid sprawled around his head. The tiled floor reflects the lights above leaving it to create a faint halo glow around him. His arms were in a relaxed state as they slid lower down my neck and back before letting go. The light grazes from his fingers against my neck and clothes seem to leave behind phantom lines as a tingling feeling rises lightly. My head began to spiral as I find it hard to understand what was happening. From this position I could see his face clearly as handsome as it was.

"Y/N, I think it's best for you to get up now, unless~" He teased as he rested his arms near his sides as he slowly started to sit up with a flirty smirk across his face.

I snap out of whatever flustered state I found myself in and replaced it all with annoyance. I push off without a second thought as I turn away to dust myself off. A slight sting could be felt in my left ankle as I put my body weight on the leg, but I think nothing much of the stinging pain as I try to understand what was wrong with me. It took all my strength in my arms not to slap myself silly to wake myself up from this awkward situation.

'I mean first it was Ronnie falling on me, now I rolled my ankle and fell on Ethan!'

I eventually found myself snapping back around to face Ethan who was currently trying to hold in his laughter. I could only guess what he could find so amusing. As a scowled at Ethan his already upturned lips grew wider as he met my eyes.

"What's so funny?" My eyes narrowed as he bent over to hold us sides, letting out a silent laugh. I rolled my eyes and looked around at the doors in the hall. All there closed and dark as the hall remained eerily empty, for the exceptions being Ethan and I.

"I-I'm sorry..." Ethan wheezed out in a dry whisper. "It's just your face, it's so-" He wheezed again as I could feel anger redden my cheeks. "Funny! I mean if you could see yourself you would understand."

The hall echoed with his slightly whispered words. He mused himself in whatever thoughts he was having before calming down. All that was left from his spasm was a cheerful smile.

'Now I'm starting to understand why Ron likes her, but to his extent...'

Ethan turned to continue down the hall as I hurriedly try to fallow behind. He stuffs his hands into his pockets as he slowed his pace to match mine. "Are you alright though? You started to fall all of a sudden and it seems like you're walking weird on your leg now." Ethan's tender smile made my heart almost stop as I could tell how genuine his worry was.

"Yes I'm fine, just forgot how to walk for a second," Taking his words to heart I fix my limping to make it less noticable. "See, my legs are fine now." Despite the small stinging needles I feel I walk it off, really I hope we both just forget the situation as a whole.

Soon the sound of our feet pattering on the tile wasn't the only sound as we made our way to the theater club room. The sound of a door swinging open with heavy grounded steps fallowing directly after. My eyes snap to find the navy blue haired boy with glasses. His tall stature was hunched over as he carried with him two large and heavy looking boxes. The boy goes to put down the boxes to close the club rooms door as he turns around again his eyes meet mine before glancing over to my side, to Ethan.

A grimacing frown fixes itself across the boys pale lips as he goes to pick up the boxes again. He doesn't address either of us and totally ignores whatever we where trying to do.

I gulp down whatever nerves that suddenly formed when his icy blue eyes met mine. "Um..excuse me-" I started, albeit not very confident. I tried to approach the boy only to be coldly ignored as he walked past.

"I apologize but I don't have the time to chat right now." His remark rudely shuts down whatever I was trying to say. Some of my fear melted away as the look of disbelief spread across my face.

'Wow, I thought he wasn't a prick.'

"Yeah I understand if you don't but I just need to give you-" I tried again only to be cut off again. "Is it something from the student council? If not please find some other time to meet with me."

'Okay wow, prick.' I was now starting to get annoyed with this guy's attitude. Before I thought he was decent with how he helped deal with the muttering mob, now I could get an idea on why Ethan reacted the way he did. It was because of this guy's attitude.

"Listen man I was just trying to do the right thing," I could feel my patience start to whither as soon as he stopped suddenly and turned his head to face me. His eyes glittered in annoyance as the icy glare he gave me almost made me shut up. I get it, it was kind of annoying having some rando come and try to find you when your busy but you don't have to be so mean about it! "I'm just here to return something important you dropped." I hold the card in my hand as I walk up next to the rude guy. His glare was still prevalent as he eyed the card in my hand. He settled down the boxes as takes the card out of my hand. Without so much as a thank you he puts it into his pant pocket, picks up the boxes and walks away. I couldn't stand just watching him walk away after being so rude.

"I get being a busy person, but it's another thing being rude." Ethan said loudly as the boy stopped right before he turned the corner to now give Ethan a icy glare.

That's what caused the boy to yell back. "Lecture me over manners when you actually have them, Mr. Brooks." The boy walks off after that, leaving Ethan and I alone.

"What is up-"

"His ass?" Ethan finishes with a heavy sigh. "Honestly nobody knows, possibly some type of shitty stick. He is like that to everyone, so don't take it personally," Ethan takes out of if his hand from his pocket and gently rubs my head trying to comfort me. "Anyways, let's head back the long way so we don't run into him, I know a good vending machine we could stop by too."

We smile at one another in our shared frustration. It feels nice to know we had the same thought as the guy walked away, almost funny. But I guess anyone would think the same in that moment.

...

As Y/N walks off with Ethan a pair of eyes watched the two. The figures hands curled around the corners wall as annoyance flashed across their face. The figure saw everything that has happened, after all they fallowed after them the entire time. This is starting to become an issue. It's one thing for Ethan to be doing what he was paid to do, it's another when he was actively flirting with y/n. Ethan knew better than to do that, he knew. So he must be ready to face the consequences.