He Knows

"If it isn't too much, would you like me to drive you home?" Ronnie asked gently.

I flinched slightly before turning to face Ronnie. "Um..." My panic was something I honestly hated. Why do my insecurities have to pick at my thoughts?

Carefully I eyed Ronnie.

Come on, you literally cried into his shoulder! You trust him a lot more...why can't I just trust him? It's not...a big deal.

"Oh s-sorry!" Ronnie jumped back slightly in defense. "I-If you don't want me to that's fine..."

"No!" My protest was sharp and sudden. The thought of not being near him ate at me slightly. "I-I mean," It was hard to correct myself as some of my unsightly behavior started to resurface through my vulnerability. "I'm not...ready to go home yet. I want to stay with you..for a bit longer." My words left me slowly as I came to realize what I had just said.

Do I have to sound so desperate? Jeez me and my stupid mouth.

His face was shocked to say the least, looking as if I had just told him the moon was made of cheese or that my face was made of paper. But what left me shocked as well was his response. "I do to y/n," Ronnie smiled warmly as his eyes locked with mine with a look I could hardly believe. "If it's alright, do you want to go and...grab something to eat with me? It would be on me!"

A smile broke out on your lips, growing wider as Ronnies face grew a shade darker. "I would like that."

"Y/N!" The sound of your father's voice snaps your attention away and towards the curbside. There you saw your father slamming shut the driver's side door and marching his way over to you. His clothes were disheveled and dirty while his steps where purposeful. "Why the hell are you still here!! You're supposed to be on the bus!" He was now right infront of you, towering over your shaking standing figure that looked like a dear in headlights. You cased your head down in a shameful bow as you began to stammer. Heat flooded your face in embarrassment as you took notice of how he reeked of booze and weed.

"I-Im Sorry!" You stammered out as tears flooded your eyes. "I-I was staying after today f-for a cooking club. I-Im sorry-" your rambling was cut short when your father started yelling.

"Cooking club my ass! You didn't say anything about that to me!" He was a fuming mess as he grabbed your shoulder roughly and started dragging you down the steps. "And you," he turned around and glared at Ronnie whom I have yet to spare a glance at. "Stay away from MY DAUGHTER! Keep your dick away from her you little shit!" He spat as he slammed the passenger side door shut after I was forcefully thrown into the seat.

You were mortified.

Ronnie, the person you felt romantic feelings for, had just lived through your nightmare. He saw your father and his disheveled state, he seen the dented car and how your father could get when drunk. You were lucky he didn't outright slap you infront of Ronnie, you knew he was capable of it.

"Your phone." Your father said blankly. Your watery eyes looked through your bag for the device. He didn't spare you a glance as you dug through your bag to find the wall of calls and messages on the screen. You gave it to him with fear and shame and he pocketed the device. You didn't move much less say a word after that as you drove off in silence to your home.

_________

You weren't at school the next day which worried Ronnie. Right before him he watched as you were violently dragged away from him while your sperm donor glared murderously at him. It wasn't right and it wasn't fair! He was so, so close to taking you out on a date so close. But because of that shithead his chance was ripped from him. Ronnies grip tightened on the pencil in his hand as he thought of your petrified face. You didn't even look at him. Your whole body shook violently in fear. He was stupid to think for a second you were like him in his own screwed up nature. You weren't, it wasn't in your nature. You were kind and gentle while being so strong despite hell being where you lived. It was alright though, it honestly made him love you more.

You were tender and warm like a campfire in the fall. So cozy and welcoming and he could feel as though he could stay with you forever. His plan to keep you two together is being rushed now, you weren't safe anymore. Now he only hopes that you'd understand.

He was driven to a meeting zone to discuss details of what he wanted done. The home in the grey and dismal neighborhood leaned to the side while pieces of it wore away with time. Windows were broken and spray painted symbols were all over the surrounding area. In yellow worn down spray paint a crown sat on the buildings side. With a serious expression he walked in with his elder companion trailing a foot behind.

"So, what can I get you? You wanna juice box kid?" The brawny copper haired man asked with a toothy smile. The man sat on a new grey leather couch in a resorted room in the house. Two guards stood by the only entrance of the door with guns on their waists. Ronnie sat down on the plush seat across the wooden coffee table that acted as a barrier between the two. 

"Don't patronize me," Ronnie spat with cold dead eyes. "We are both here for business, not pleasantries."

The copper haired man rolled his one good eye while stretching his arms, causing pops to ring out through the room.

"So, who's the target?"

"It's the old man you've been trailing, I need him gone." Ronnie stated not looking away from the man across from him.

"Oh, that man? Consider it done." The copper haired man snapped his fingers sending one guard out to fetch someone.

"I want you to also keep the daughter unharmed." Ronnie added.

The man only looked at him with a smile. "Of course," the man bellowed with a stretched smile as he swung his arms out with glee. "We here at the Crown know how to treat royalty. After all, what's a crown without some nobility?"

A/N

I decided to switch the covers back because I really didn't like my tacky looking art. Idk what else to do for the cover art to it's staying.