Fun Fair

The thumping of my rushing heart almost muted the sounds of our souls scraping along the tile floor. The hall echoed each step we took as shadows began to cascade down from the ceiling. The clean ghostly halls were only made creeper with each passing second without words spoken between us. Ronnies lips remained in a fine line as his hair covered his eyes again. Part of me wishes he didn't cover his pretty eyes, it was a shame really.

We walked at a relaxed pace and despite the lack of conversation between us the atmosphere wasn't as awkward as one would think. Though this quiet left my mind to wonder.

'Do I really like Ronnie like that? I mean I don't really know him. I mean I just found out today what his face looks like with his bangs pushed back.' I laugh at my own thoughts. 'though whenever we have casual conversations we seem to share a lot of the same interests, actually maybe all. This could be a sign... But on the other hand I should get to know him more. I literally only known him for two weeks.'

"Um..." Ronnie awkwardly started as I snap my head towards him. Ronnies head was now turned towards my own and if it wasn't for his hair I'm pretty sure we would be making direct eye contact. Ronnie began to fiddle with his fingers as he continued. "S-So...do you want to join any particular club? From what I saw there were a lot to choose from just by standing outside the cafeteria."

'See there we go. Ronnie is sweet and considerate who wouldn't fall for him? And his timidness adds to his charm.'

"None really stood out to me, why did you see a club you like already?" I asked after rubbing the back of my head thoughtfully.

"Y-Yeah actually, I was looking at the culinary club." Ronnies cheeks were dusted pink as his head started to become parallel with the ground. "I-I mean-! I only saw it from a distance b-but it seemed really nice. From what I heard they cook a lot of desserts there."

'Hah! Say no more we should sign up!' I jokingly thought to myself. Though I wasn't very good in the kitchen it did seem like a fun idea. I mean...Ronnie in an apron? Teasing Ronnie when he gets flour on his face? 'Would he be clumsy or surprisingly serious over baking cookies? Gah-! No! Focus!'

"That doesn't sound too bad actually...but we should go to the club stand to find out if that's what we really want to do." I commented. Ronnies whole being seemed to light up after hearing my words as he tried to face me with glowing red cheeks and the widest smile. He grabbed my hands excitedly as he started to ramble.

"R-Really!? I mean doesn't sound like so much fun-! We could bake a whole bunch of different cookies o-or try to make some tiramisu, or maybe some strawberry shortcake to keep it simple-"

I laugh at the sight of Ronnie looking like happy puppy, not to mention kind of liking how my hands were encased in his. They were warm and cozy as his rough calus hands rubbed against mine.

"I mean...if they allow that. We don't really know how that club works yet." I moved my focus to the end of the hall as the sight of a lively cafeteria filled my vision.

"I'm sure you can bake virtually anything in the kitchen as long as you clean up after yourself." Ronnie mumbled slightly as if he was pouting.

"It sounds like you really want to join, did you hear about the club before?" I asked. Seeing with how excited he was about it I wouldn't be surprised if he heard it from one of the upper classmen."Did one of the club members already convert you?" I chuckled as I turn my focus back to Ronnie who seemed a bit stunned.

"...." He was quiet as he looked away embarrassed. His grip over my hand became tighter as he mumbled. "Maybe..."

That one word set off my fit of laughter causing Ronnie to become more flustered. His face was a bright red as he scowled at me. "What?"