Dusk Is Over Us

The final bell of the day rings causing everyone to inwardly cheer. It was finally over, the first day has come to an end. The front doors of the school open causing a mass flood of bodies to flow out of the building. Many waited out front to the side parking lot for chofers to come and pick up their young masters. Those who were like me lined up like ducks in a row, infront of the school, waiting for a shuttle to come pick us up. It was nice for the school to not let me walk all the way back to home that was miles away from here. Some didn't even live in the city but out in the suburbs that were even further than my home.

"You have an hour commute? Lucky punk mines close to three!" Someone next to me groans out loud as their friend just laughed.

"Well at least I don't live in the crappy part of the city!" The friend fired back argumentatively.

'Well this is fun.' My thoughts drip with sarcasm as I come to terms with the fact that I know no one here. Either the other poor souls somehow got a ride or they are the rich students with fancy rides. The wind blows through the trees and brushes up against the bare skin of my neck. A startled tingle rubs up my spine and I rub the back of my neck to rid the feeling. Though even after the fact that the wind as died down the tingling, itchy feeling still remains. My eyes couldn't help but dart around anxiously as my primal senses put me on edge.

'I'm sure it's nothing.' I reason with myself as the feeling lingers before gradually disappearing. Most of the students who remain are those who were the last two be picked up my a chofer or those waiting on the shuttle like myself. Checking my phone for new messages I was suddenly caught off guard by the sudden slap against my shoulder. I jump out of surprise as I turn to see Ethan.

"Gah! E-Ethan!" My heart jumps out of my chest at the sight of his shit eating grin. "That's not funny asshole!" I push him away as I put my hand up against my chest, over my still very lovely heart.

"Pfft! Bwahahaha!" He laughs and shorts as he stumbles back. "Man! Lighten up will yah! No need to be antsy!" He wiped his tears away as he calmed himself down. I guess not only my reaction but my face was funny because when our eyes meet he continued to laugh.

"Anyways, are you riding the shuttle?" I ask as he stands up straight and towers over me with a smile.

"Of course dummy! Why else would I be here?" He shoved his hands into his pockets as his bag hanged loosely over his shoulder. He looks down at me with mischievous eyes, a look that I have come to associate with him.

"What part are you off to?" I ask as Ethan rubs his hair and thinks. His eyes no longer look me in the eye as he answers.

"The 'Hills'." He simply stated. His eyes glanced back to me, almost trying to read my reaction. The 'Hills' refers to the Kings borough. The place isn't exactly flattering and holds most of the lower class along with having a high crime rate. Rumors have it that a crime organization set up shop there, calling themselves "The Crown". Honestly the hills weren't always bad it was only when people in fancy seats started taking to job to be a month piece in exchange for dirty money.

Though my district wasn't clean either. Providence was the 'wall'. The barrier between Kings and North Idle. North idle being the tourist bussing area of this fair city. Providence wasn't ideal for most were the middle class families working pay-check to pay-check to meet ends with the rising value of property taxes. Crime hasn't been a huge problem but the rising homeless issue was. Then the oh-so fancy area we where currently, Valley Lakes. This area was full of the rich, money having folks who were far from the poor and right next door to North Idle. Top priority they were and most of the kids that attended this school had parents owning well off business in the North Idle district.

"I guess we have a long ride together then," I chuckled. "I'm right at the edge of Providence, near South Road."

Ethan looked at me with a grin. "Then you must have been to the mall at least once, it would be funny if I ever run into you."

"Yeah I guess it would be," I chuckle back as we watch the shuttle pull up. "What about your friends from before? Are they coming with us?" Nervously I try my best to not look around to see if it was true. 

"Sadly they all left before I could catch a ride." He adjusted the bag over his shoulder so it sat against him more comfortably. The bus opens it's doors as the crowed of students started to board. Ethan and I looked at each other as we stumbled over one another with words.

"So I guess-"
"Would yah want-"

We pause and laugh at this coincidence. I let Ethan go first as we board the bus and we walk down the isle. "Like I was going to ask, would you like to sit with me for the ride?" Ethan explained as he reached an empty seat. "Yes I guess I do," I agreed to sit with him by sliding into the seat with him. "I mean what's the harm?" Ethan gave me a smirk as I said that before looking out the window.

'Wow! This is too funny!' Ethan thought to himself as his eyes catch that of the onlooker in the bushes. 'And that is still creepy..'

...

The sky has turned to darker shades as y/n walks off the shuttle. Ethan had gotten off at his stop twenty minutes ago near his home, leaving her alone till her stop. She shivered under the shade of trees as the cool wind braces her gently. The onlooker from the shadows watches her mindfully.

'Shes home now.' The figure smiled to themself. It was a headache to not be able to see where she was sitting on the shuttle due to the tinted windows, leaving uncertainties to grow. The figure watched y/n walk a block or two to her home, while almost having their heart stop every time y/n turned around. She was on guard, though the figure wasn't going to give up until she got home safe. After all, isn't that what beloved guardians do?

The figured scowled at the memories filled with her interacting with that meddling ass. Ever since that ass found the pictures he wouldn't leave the poor figure alone. The teasing, the comparison to Lennan, and the fact that fool seem to meet her. That ass should just stay out of it, he was part of the reason why the figure now gazes longingly at y/n yes, but only because he was the problem the figure was running from. Y/N, she was the figures joy and anchor and can't be tainted by whatever the ass says. She might hate him if the ass ever says anything, he already slipped up today, what about tomorrow?

tomorrow.....