Gimme Your Number

Tao plopped down beside me as Mia pushed him down in the seat. His eyes were expressive, showing his flabbergasted state that he was in as Mia continued to bombard him with questions.

"So how are you? Why weren't you answering our calls and messages? Did you change you number? Are you alright after...you know..?" Mia started to calm down after Tao shifted uncomfortably in his seat at the mention of the 'incident'. He finally snapped out of whatever shock he was going through and eyed Mia, clearly not happy that it was brought up.

"Mia..." Tao mumbled. "Could we not talk about it...right now?"

"..Right, sorry," Mia apologized as she saw how sad Tao seemed. "But still...you suddenly stopped talking to us, I've just been...worried." It was awkward for a while as silence grew with the tension. I munched down on my food as I tried not to make eye contact with Tao who was clearly uncomfortable.

"S-So Y/N, do you have an idea of what club you want to join?" Andrew broke the tension by moving back to the topic of the club fair.

"Um...well..honestly not really. I mean your club sounds nice but...I don't know if that's for me," I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly as I admit to not really knowing what I want to join. "Honestly I asked because I didn't want to join a club were I didn't know anybody."

"I-I can join a club with you!" Ronnie suddenly shouted as he almost slammed his cup down and started to choke on his water. "Honestly I'm f-fine with whatever, as long as we are together I don't mind."

"Ha I was going to say something similar just then." I laughed as I tried to reach over and pat Ronnie's back so the water he was choking on would go down the right tube.

'Heck yeah! Choking on water was worth it!' Ronnie thought to himself as he made his score.

"How about photography? Im pretty sure Ronnie is good at taking pictures anyway, and the club is running low on members so..." Tao commented as he lowered his mask to drink some water, keeping his eyes on his tray as he fidgeted with his fingers. "I mean that's probably stupid, you...probably wouldn't want to join." Tao lifted up his mask again and stared at his tray.

"Hey! Can you get me a spot then? I can't sign up at the fair today, but I definitely want to join!" Mia nagged as she finally started talking again.

"I'll see what I can do, it shouldn't be that hard." Tao glanced up at Mia as his eyes seemed to light up.

"Well let me have you number so we can stay in touch then." Mia suggested as she whipped hers out. Tao did the same starting the cycle of the number exchange.

"Wait a minute, y/n I don't have you number either!" Mia came to the realization as she looked through her contacts. "Gimme." Mia demanded as she grabbed at the air, motioning for me to give her the phone.

"C-Can I have your number too? You know so we can talk and stuff?" Ronnie also asked as he saw how I was handing Mia my phone.

"Sure why not?" I agreed, letting Ronnie grab my phone after Mia finished typing in her number.

"Why don't we all make a group chat?" Andrew suggested. "You know after what happened to the last one."

"Alright, I'll make it," Mia beamed as she busied away on her phone. "I have everyone's number anyways." The group was buzzing in excitement as we all finally have a way to contact one another after all this time. Mia was still busy creating the group as Andrew also tried to catch up with Tao. Looking down at my phone I see how the two added in their contacts.

Ronnie(⁠◕⁠ᴥ⁠◕⁠)
🌸❤️BFF (Mia)❤️🌸

I had to laugh at Ronnie's, who knew he could any cuter? But I'm happy that he seemed excited for the fair today and the fact he wanted to be in the same club as me, it was comforting to know I won't be alone.