Stuck

It's been a few days since your father's murder and you still couldn't get over the fact that the police think you had some type of involvement. It was rancid, how could they even think that way? The house felt cold inside as you walked around. Jarah has been hanging around in the home while Ethan was away but left you alone for the most part. Well that was until now.

"What are you doing?" Jarah asked as he poked his head into the kitchen.

"I'm making chocolate cake..." You had put the batter into the oven long ago and where currently working of the moose frosting, to cut back on how heavy the sweetness of the frosting would be. But what you said was a half lie, you knew why you where making it.

"When will it be done?" Jarah walked out of the doorframe and into the kitchen now as he looked around. The organized counters made part of him reminisce about his childhood.

"In an hour or two. The cake has to cool before I put the frosting on." You tediously mixed together the chocolate pudding in with the whipped cream leaving Jarah to look at you a bit puzzled.

"Why not use powdered sugar to make frosting?" Now he was close to sticking his finger into the frosting you were mixing. Yet before he could infect it with a disease you smacked his hand away, not even thinking twice about what you just did. You didn't say anything and Jarah had to take a moment to realize what just happened. "Hey!"

Jarah knocked the back of your head in retaliation while you in turn stepped on his foot. "Don't ruin the cake making process!" You shouted as you turned around catching Jarah off guard. For all that he's known you, or well, watching you, you haven't been the confrontational sort. You eyes for once carried a fire in them, an active unmistakable fire. You poked at his chest while staring him down while sadness and anger rolled off in waves.

"I don't care if you wanna beat me up but do not ruin this cake for me!" Then your eyes narrowed as you caused Jarah to take a couple of steps back. "Or else I can't promise all your fingers will be on your hand."

You then quickly turned around and continued baking as if nothing happened, except for the noticable irritation filling the air. Jarah was shocked for a moment before getting annoyed again.

"Did you just threaten me!?"

"I don't know, did I?" You where genuinely asking as your mind couldn't even remember the words you just said as you where too occupied with the cake to care for remembering. Jarah watched you quietly as you continued to work in the kitchen and ignore him completely.

He couldn't believe it.

He waited for a time for you to even notice if he was still there but you didn't even look his way. But the thing was any anger he once had slowly dwindled as he started to watch you in the view of you being a cute cat that had just scratched him. Now he had completely fixated on you and the cake that you where making.

The cake was eventually pulled from the oven and left out to cool as you started to cut off the pieces that had gotten to high. After they cooled enough you took the cake and put it in the fridge to cool faster while the moose went inside there as well, sitting next to the left over whipped cream. Now you where working on something else as you waited, the soft chocolate pieces that would go on top. Melting the molding chocolate seemed like forever before you poured it thinly onto some plastic ziplock bag that you've cut. The pieces cooled into disks well enough to be swapped out with the cakes place in the fridge. You took out a large plate from the cabinet while taking out the chocolate moose from the fridge. It was all coming together as you frosted the in-between layers and covered the cakes in frosting. Setting the bowl aside you left for the fridge again to pull out the left over whipped cream.