Relax, There Is Nothing Wrong

My mind felt numb under the sudden mention of the name. Tao Mandel, a student rumored to be involved in a stalking case at the school, though no tangible evidence could be brought to attention. Another thing that paired with this name is his families fame in magazine publishings. Though not much is known about him and the only information you can get is through second hand rumors.

I shouldn't feel too nervous, after all we haven't even said a word to one another. Throughout the rest of class my nerves kept me on edge and cold sweat leaked from my palms. I shouldn't be this nervous. I shouldn't have this fear clouding my judgement, but why was I partnered with him for the rest of the year!?

After the introduction of Mrs. Brooks being our English teacher for the year she made an assignment of partners by those sitting next to one another. By the luck of a missing student, Tao and I were paired together causing many pitiful stares to glance my way.

The rest of class was to complete a simple getting-to-know-you paper. You could chose to write a poem or some other expressive way of writing as long as you answered the questions. Though despite how simple this was it seemed to be the most difficult thing in existence.

That's when the bell rang and freed me of my one desk wide prison. Though in my hurry I manage to accidently head bud Tao as we both reach for our bags on the floor. The world felt cold and distant from me. I could hear the room fall quiet and people almost fleeing the classroom.

I rub my throbbing forehead and try by best to not sound like I was begging for my life. "Ah-! Oh..I-Im so sorry! I didn't see you-!" I cut myself off as his lilac eyes met mine, eyes seeming empty and without soul. He rubbed his forehead in a small amount of pain from the collision before stepping past me and towards the door. And with that I stand there in my own confusion.

I could feel the cold sweat in my hands and can only imagine how scared I looked. Uncertainty floods my thoughts for I do not know whether him not doing anything then was in the best interest for me or only set the nail in the coffin. But one thing is for sure, I budded heads with a dangerous fellow in quite the literal sense of the word.

Groan...

My stomach yells in protest for the lack of movement to the lunch room. My nerves were still on edge from what had just happened between Tao and I but I couldn't let that get in the way of eating the food at a fancy school such as this one. Actually this might be my first and last chance to eat food here if Tao decides to kill me.

I try to laugh the last part off as a joke I just told myself but the pit in my stomach doesn't let me forget the truth.

Slowly I shuffle my way to the door before stopping and asking Mrs. Brooks for directions. She kindly point me down the hall and to the left bend of the fork in the hall. My nerves seemed to still be on edge as an icky-ichy feeling hooks itself to my neck. I glance around the hall but nothing seemed unusual. The hallway seemed even more crowded than when I last walked down it, making it so I had to make awkward bends and passes around people who stood in the middle of the halls. The chatter between students seemed endless and made it difficult to even keep track of my own thoughts.

Eventually I found my way back to the courtyard in its spacious and charming glory. People were speckled about in a busy manner and many eating on the white stone benches with a friend. The air outside was warm and managed to bring life back into my body. The wind brushed against my hair causing it to flow infront of my face in a messy tangle. Walking out of some glass doors came students with trays of food.

I made my path past the doors and into another hall. This one had it's walls decorated in thick metal lockers painted in the schools slick navy blue and white colors. Each locker had a card swipe on it, that flashes the school crest on either side. The tile on the floor also seemed fairly new as it shined under the splendor of wide windows allowing sunlight to peer in.