KABANATA 15

WARNING ⚠️

( READ BEFORE READING THE CHAPTER!)

MATURE CONTENT: False beliefs, brutal violence, sexual abuse, strong language, that aren't suitable for reporter and sensitive readers.

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, place, characters and events are either product of the author's imagination or  used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual events/person, existing or non existing, living or dead are purely coincidental.

Author's note: Naka sulat sa chapter na ito ang mahahalagang pangyayari na kailangan niyong mabasa; ang nakaraan ni Eve. Salamat.

《───────────✟───────────》

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅, 2007

"Amen," I whispered and did the sign of the cross before opening my eyes. I stare and smile at the Christ Statue.

As far as I know, this was almost my 2nd week of being a Christian. I'm a Buddhist before, but my mom encourages me to be baptized on her religion.

"Mæ̀ ṭhex pị thī̀h̄ịn s̄ạk h̄æ̀ng t̄hexa mæ̀ bxk ẁā h̄ı̂ xyū̀ thī̀ nī̀ s̄ạk phạk læa rx ṭhex (“แม่เธอไปที่ไหนสักแห่งเถอะ แม่บอกว่าให้อยู่ที่นี่สักพักและรอเธอ”) Your mom just goes somewhere, she told me that you must stay here for a while and wait for her" a woman  said with a polite smile on her face, she even held my hand carefully. Her looks looked the same age with my mom, between 40's. She was probably one of our church mates.

"Khuṇ s̄āmārt̄h mā kạb c̄hạn dị̂ s̄ạk phạk mị̀ t̂xng kạngwl c̄hạn ca mị̀ phā khuṇ xxk cāk bos̄t̄h̒(คุณสามารถมากับฉันได้สักพัก ไม่ต้องกังวล ฉันจะไม่พาคุณออกจากโบสถ์) You can come with me for a while, don't worry, I'm not gonna take you out of the church" she said, jokingly and laughed alone.

I just stared her for a second and take my hands off her. "Tklng(ตกลง)okay," I answered and let her lead the way so that I can follow her.

"Xyū̀ trng nī̂ deī̌yw phī̀ pị xeā k̄hnm mā h̄ı̂ (อยู่ตรงนี้เดี๋ยวพี่ไปเอาขนมมาให้) Stay here for a minute, I'm going to get you snacks"  She, then turn her back. I left alone sitting on the white mono block chair.

I get my pink pony tail in my sling bag and tied my long hair. Where did my mom go? Why did she leave me in the middle of worshipping?

I sighed. I think she's probably going seeking for money.

I yawn because of boredom, It's almost 10 minutes since the woman left. I decided to get down and go for a walk by myself, I want to explore the church and know the place even more. I wanna know more about  the difference between my previous religion and my religion now.

I stopped walking when I heard a weird sound or noise of a woman. My heart throbbed fast when I recognized the familiar voice.

"Xỳā khr̀ảkhrwỵ ley xī wxn nè(อย่าคร่ำครวญเลยอีวอนเน่) Don't moan to loud, Yvonne"  a man with a deep voice called my mom's name.