Chapter 34: Stone Decent

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝘼𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙, 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙧𝙠

We were now all sitting in the briefing room, paper and books all scattered over the table from our previous research and our attention was placed the screen.

"Okay, so the how works." Steve started. "Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at lest one of the six infinity stones."

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near been killed' by one of the six infinity stones." Tony corrected, walking into the room.

"Well, I haven't.." Lang advised. "But I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about."

"New York? Where my powers come from." I looked to Scott from my seat beside Nebula. Scott just shook his head with a shrug.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

"Our history." Tony continued. "So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick out targets." Clint added.

"Why is it, for the greatest power in the universe, they're kind of easy to find and get your hands on." I muttered to myself, leaning back in my seat.

"So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" We all looked to Thor, who was silent and sleeping? "Is he asleep?"

"No, no. Pretty sure he's dead."

"Thor. Thor!" I called out again when he didn't answer, I sent a flick of blue to his forehead, making him jolt awake. "Thor, the Aether." I pointed to the screen. He hummed, pushing himself up to walk to the front.

"Uh, where to start? Um..." He tapped the screen with his sunglasses and hummed. "The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it before a stone." Thor pointed to Steve, who in response furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of a thing..." The god started to put eyedrops in, making me tilt my head to the side. "so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that."

"Thor?" I spoke up, his eyes locking onto mine. "It's not a stone, we understand. How about what is can do?" I sent him a small smile and he returned it, nodding back.

"Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether." Thor began, making me sigh and look to the side, me and Clint sharing a look. "My grandfather, many years ago... had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Ooh." He made a not so weary sound. "Scary beings. So, Jane, actually." He pressed something on the screen. "Oh, there she is. Yeah, so Jane was an old flame of mine."