Chapter 37: Regret and Promises

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

𝘼𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙, 𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙔𝙤𝙧𝙠, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑

As soon as meet feet hit the ground, something felt off. The mask and suit enclosed back as I took a deep breath and went to look around, making sure everyone was okay.

"Did we get 'em all?" I heard Bruce say just as my attention went to the archer who was staring off in the distance.

"Are you telling me this actually worked?"

Everyone else's attention now went to Clint as he knelt to the floor. But missing someone at his side.

"Clint, where's Nat?" Smart Hulk asked but Clint didn't answer. He eventually looked up to Steve, sharing a knowing look. Natasha Romanoff was dead and she was never coming back.

I gasped as my hand went over my mouth and felt my knees give out under me. Before I knew I dropped to the floor and Thor was immediately by my side, hugging me as tears spilt from my eyes.

we made a promise to not on each other and now she's gone. I knew something wasn't right. I should have said something. I should have done something.

Bruce punched the floor as the sound echoed throughout the room a swell as my sobs in between my loud breaths. It felt like I couldn't breathe. Like the air around me was on fire. Like I'm drowning in my own tears. I didn't know how to save myself. I couldn't save Nat, Wanda, Pietro, vision or my parents.

Tony had taken me from Thor and helped to a spare room to lie down in. I was so exhausted I instantly fell asleep that was well needed. When I woke up I felt a migraine at the back of my head. I knew my face would be puffy and red from the tears.

*knock* *knock."

"Come in." my voice was horse. "I just wanted to check in." I smiled sadly at Clint, knowing it was way harder on him then anyone else. I didn't even want to know how Yelena would take it.

"I'm okay Clint. I'm a big girl." I sat up in the bed. "You're still a kid to me." He sighed, sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Where's the rest of the scooby doo gang?" 

"On the porch. Trying to come up with a plan to save her when there's noting they can do."

"I'm sorry." I blurted out. "It wasn't your fault. It was that stupid stone and stupid floating man." Clint tried to reassure me, holding back his own tears for me. 

"But its not. I felt like something wasn't right right before we left and when we landed. If I was quicker maybe I could have prevented it. Maybe I could've gone back to before Ultron and warn you all and myself. Maybe I could stop all the bad things that happened." tears spilt from my eyes as he pulled me in for a hug.