Chapter 18

Chapter 18

The walls are closing in. The air is running thin. Yet, nothing is visible. Isn’t that strange? How you can feel so suffocated yet, you are not aware of what you’re surrounding yourself with. That’s how Anastasia feels. That’s how close it’s come for mind to block everything around her. Every memory. Every thought. Every Fear.

Most of all, everything about him. Him. Xavier Dominic.

Kyle might caress her skin, hold her tight, to take everything away from her, but it’s not possible. Xavier will find her sooner or later. That’s a precognition. A promise sure to be fulfilled.

“Wake up, we have to keep moving.” She feels the tug of her arm. She opens her eyes to find Kyle standing in front of her with a worried frown placing his stern features.

“Where are we going?” She asks him repeatiously, but he never answers. Being pulled by his firm grip through the people of the train station, she can feel a sense of fear rise in her. Being surrounded by so many people, while cautious keeping an eye out t=for those clear blue eyes and dark hair that torment her isn’t something she would call a healthy thing. Yet, it’s all she will know.

“Can you tell me where we are now?” Anastasia crosses her arms in front of Kyle as he drops the small bags on the floor of the destroyed apartment.

“I really can’t tell you the location. It’s better if you don’t know.” He sighs. “We will be leaving in a few hours anyways.”

“I need to know where you are taking me. You can’t drag me to every destination without my consent.” Kyle looks out the window, trying to ignore her for a little. It doesn’t work long. “Either you tell me or I will find a way to know.” She waits for his response, but it doesn’t come. “Why did we leave from where we were? I thought that would be it.”

“Sit down.” He orders her in a calm and gentle tone. “There’s a lot I need to explain to you.”

She takes a seat on the bed while he stands in front of her. “What is it?”

“Kelly called and gave me some important information.” She nods for him to continue. “You have a sister that has been hidden from public eye.”

She frowns with much confusion. “Excuse me? That’s not possible.”

“It is. Your parents have another child without ever warning us. She was targeted by Xavier.”

“She’s dead.” She plainly states.

“Yes.”

“But why?” She shakes her head as if trying to solve the puzzle. “If no one knew about her-”