Chapter 17

*Can't thank you guys enough for commenting, voting and reading this story. I'm so passionate about this story and know you guys will learn something. Please remember that no matter what happens you have to have hope, never give up and you'll get far. I can promise you that. Thanks for reading!*

Chapter 17

It hurts to know the truth. People always say that life will one day turn around, but how can you break away from something that always follows you around. Does it even matter running away? Does it matter to live more of the tortured life that has been hell than an opportunity to be happy? It will change until he’s dead. Her kidnapper. Her Husband. Xavier Dominic.

He’s playing a dangerous game that surrounds the people who love her. It all surrounds the life she wishes to live freely, but she can’t. Every time she turns she’s afraid to see him. Every time she hears a noise she jumps to obey him. It’s not living. That’s not living. But she can’t give up yet. Not after the danger she knows surrounds Kyle.

After everything that has happened last night, she knows that she will never get rid of Xavier unless he’s dead. He’s the reason for being held up in a small apartment, in a strange town. The FBI shipped her into a protection program, and Kyle is here to keep her safe while the other agents are doing rounds, making sure no one has access to her. She feels like a prisoner again, but this time it isn’t so bad. Not with Kyle with her.

She starting to fear the feeling that are slowly building up inside of her. A feels of never wanting to lose Kyle. It’s a feeling she doesn’t want to have. She can’t respond to any of them. Her life has a dateline, a ticking timeline and it won’t last forever.  Xavier won’t wait forever.

“Talk to me.” Kyle comforts her.

“We’re all buried alive.” Anastasia whispers. “He’s coming back. I know he is.”

“Keep hope.” He hugs her.

Xavier left without her before law enforcement came in helicopters and speeding cars. Apparently, everything was blocking them from reaching them on time. And apparently, they won’t make that mistake again. She’s wrapping around the conclusion that Xavier left, making her stay. His words were clear before he disappeared though.

I’ll be back.

She knows he will and it scares her. Her mother’s okay, so is her father, and Kyle is alive, but Xavier did kill two men and wounded the rest. He just doesn’t care who gets hurt to get what he wants and she won’t stand back and let him ruin everyone’s life. He’s done enough of that with her.

“There’s no hope.” She boldly states.

Kyle sighs. “Not everything has to be black and white. It’s never that way. You need to see about the future you can have away from him. The freedom you’ll gain after he rots in a jail cell for the rest of his life. Think about all that.”

Anatasia shakes her head at him. Not liking his way of seeing things. “How can you think about that when it’s obvious that he’s going to be coming back for me. Didn’t you see what happened yesterday?”

“Yes, I did.” He tilts her chin up. “I saw the fear in your eyes. The fear of the him taking the life of those around you, not the fear of him taking yours.”

“He wouldn’t kill me. I wish he did.” She whispers.

“We don’t know that and everything will change soon.”

“I don’t know where you get all this hope from.”

“From you.” She raises her eyebrow in question at his quick response. “I get the hope from you.” He leans down to her. His lips a breath away from hers. “I have this need to protect you. To take you way from the life you knew. I care about you Anastasia Dylan.”