Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Two days have passed since Anastasia seen Kyle. She's been stuck in the secret room for that time. Her eyes water every time she visions the way Xavier threw her into the Metal room when they arrived from the mixer. She saw as Xavier killed one of his victims and he would yell at her to kiss him as he was covered in blood. It grossed her to have to touch him as he's covered in someone's blood, but she had no choice.

She couldn't protect Hailey. After he finished with her he went after the little girl she learned to love so much. He didn't rape her. She gave herself to him in exchange for Hailey’s innocence. But she couldn't save Hailey from a beating. The little girl cried and cried, but not for her bruises and cuts, but because Xavier decided to rape Anastasia in front of her.

Before leaving the party. Kyle promised her that he will save her soon. Well, that is exactly what he said after she rejected going with him that minute to safety. Her mind was on Hailey. If Anastasia left, who would protect the little girl from Xavier?.

Even if it happened two days ago. Kyle hasn't saved her yet. She's hoping that she will soon see him again. She can feel it in her the need to have him protect her from harm. To show her a place where she isn't a prisoner who only feels pain and longing for escape.

"Kyle come soon." She silently whispers.

Kyle Vinx was pacing back and forth in the hotel room. Kelly was sitting in front of him. He couldn't get Anastasia out of his mind. Is Xavier hurting her? Did she tell the truth at the mixer? Or even if Xavier was really their guy?

Kelly told him to sit down and look over files of missing person records.

Kelly pulled up her red flaming hair into a ponytail and began to search at the files she received moments ago with him.

After going through the thousands of documents in eight hours they found no trace of a missing person's record for Anastasia Dylan.

"Do you think she lied?" Kelly asked him while skimming through the files one last time to double check everything.

"This is serious. I don't think she would lie about that. I don't think any person would lie like that." He said.

Kelly nodded. "You're right. The way she spoke was with no emotion. She was telling the truth, but we can't cross out possibilities just yet until we prove what she said is true."

"I know, Kelly."

She turned to him to correct him, but let it go. She can see how much this Anastasia woman is affecting him and she won't make it harder for him. She needs to have him focused for this case.

Her eyes are reviewing pages of records when her eyes land on a little girl. Her hair is short brown, with small green eyes. Her reflection is pale, but the face in general is so familiar.

Holly Andersen.
D.O.B: 02-01-2005.
Date of disappearance: 03-14-2007
Known marks: A birth mark is on her wrist that is shaped like an ink spurt.

"Kyle, check this file here. It popped out to me. Do you know this little girl?"

He reviewed it and his eyes widen. "It looks like Anastasia."

She took another look at the little girls picture. "Yeah, she does, but that's not Anastasia."

"Yeah, it says the child was born in 2005. but-" realization hit him. His aunt and a lot of the people at the country club talked well of the known doctor and his wife. They've mention how much the daughter looks like Anastasia. "It could be Hailey. The little girl that Anastasia and Dominic supposedly have."

"Then if this is a missing girl, the same one as their daughter it means-"

"That Anastasia was telling the truth and she's not alone with him. He also has Holly Andersen. Double kidnap. Xavier is our guy." He concluded.

"He's a top suspect, but I don't see motivation. What would a rich man with a great job and status want to kidnap anyone?"

"For a fill joy? An andreline rush? We won't know anything until we find out more about him."

"Wait what about Anastasia? The wife? She said she was kidnapped yet there are no missing person's records on her or that name for the matter."

"That's what I don't understand. Did you call in and check with Adam?" Adam is a very talent computer wiz that is head of the IT part of the FBI. He can track down anyone in records with his computer even if it’s from other agencies.

"I'll give him a call now."

She took out her blackberry and dialed the familiar number then placed the phone on speaker.

"Adam."

"Adam, its Agent Smith and Agent Vinx."

"Oh, great, guys. I love the way everyone calls me when I'm on break." He said sarcastically. "How can my wonderful computer skills help you today?" He said.

"We need you to find an Anastasia Dylan. Around twenty years of age. Brown hair, blue-green eyes. Disappeared status."

She hears typing on the end of the phone. "Let's see what I can do." Adam said. "And here we go." There's a pause as he reads the information. "Anastasia Dylan. She's supposed to be twenty one years of age. Same descriptions you told me, but no disappeared status. Actually her record is clean. Nothing interesting. There's missing information though. Like finger prints, or social number. Things that are supposed to be here."

"That's strange." Kelly commented.

Kyle was patiently listening when he hear an 'Oh' from Adam.

"Oh? What do you mean oh? You found something?" Kyle asked.

There is more typing. "Yeah, I did. Seems like someone has taken an interest in Anastasia Dylan."

"Explain." Kelly said.

"I mean with a search engine, someone has made it their way to be involved with her. A cop actually. Does a Detective Bernard mean anything to you?"

Kyle exchanged a look with his red haired partner before speaking. "Detective Bernard? As in the best of the best? Why would a Detective be involved when she's not even in the system basically?"

Kelly sighed before speaking her thoughts. "If you think about it. It makes sense. Anastasia's family probably didn't want law enforcement involved in their daughter's disappearance and decided it was best if she wasn't much in the system and they hired the best to find their daughter and let him finish off records from sight when they couldn't do it themselves. To be able to hire Detective Bernard, they would have to be wealthy. He isn't exact affordable. I really think that her family could have hired him. But Dylan is a popular last name." She turned her attention to waiting Adam. "Hey, Adam is there parents in the system with Ms. Dylan's name?"

"No parents in system."

Kelly turned her attention to Kyle once again. "To find the right family would take a while. It’s time we don't have. I hardly doubt Detective Bernard would tell us anything. We don't even know where to find him. He's a good detective for a reason. He's like a shadow. Never seen. Never heard. "

Kyle nodded in agreement. Then remembrance popped in his mind. Fred. An ex agent that quit to join the Cia. "Fred was once a Detective right?"

Kelly's eyes widen in surprise. The name brought her bad memories. Fred is her ex-boyfriend. Until he cheated on her with her cousin. Since then she's had nothing, but hate towards him. She would proudly shoot Kyle before she is ever in the same room with that man.

"You were close to him..." Kyle continued.

"Oh, no. I will not call in any favors from him."

"Holy shit!" Adam gasped into the phone.

"What? Did you find anything?" Kyle asked impatiently.

"I found the parents with a little digging in the system. I learned to recover memory and this is one I got. Are you ready to hear this? Its mind blowing."

"Yes." Kyle and Kelly said at the same time.

"Her family is the Dylan's from Nevada."

"That doesn't explain anything." Kyle commented.

"The Dylan's from Nevada, as in she's the daughter of Nevada's Governor, Jameson Dylan."