Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Anastasia finishes with the interrogation. She doesn’t feel different even if she should be scared of Xavier coming to take her at any minute. It’s just that the fear of being in the hell hole she knew for years just has been numbing her emotions. She knows what’s coming and she accepts it. It’s that simple.

She lets out a breath when Kyle and Kelly tell her that they have two people waiting to see her. She frowns at the mystery. “Who are they?”

“We would tell you, but it’ll be helpful to the case if we didn’t.” Kelly stated.

She turns her eyes to Kyle, but he just winks at her. The flirting threw her off edge a little. If Xavier were to witness that, Kyle would have been dead. Xavier was always a jealous person, she never understood why since she evidently didn’t have a choice, but to stay with him.

“Let them in.” She was too lost in her memoires to see Kelly talk into her phone.

The doors open. Two tall people enter the room, a man and a woman. The man has short dark hair with blue eyes, a shade darker than Xavier’s. He’s wearing a well pressed suit that fits him well. His features are sharp and rough, he’s very handsome. If she would have guessed his age she would say about thirty, but his eyes are much more mature than that so about forty would do him justice. The woman wears some faded out jeans with heelless ankle boots. Her shirt is a long sleeve blue blouse and shows off a small locket between her breast. There’s no way the woman could be more than thirty five years old. Her skin is flawless and pale. The woman’s hair is long a brown shade and it’s pulled up in a high ponytail. Her eyes are enticing. They are clear green color.

They both look at her with surprise, happiness; anger… all their emotions show much that she doesn’t know on which emotion she should concentrate on.

“Do you remember them, Anastasia?” Kelly asks her.

She shakes her head. “No, and my name is Pricilla.” She corrects the agent.

The woman before her sheds her tears in silence and the man just stares at her with longing. The two adults are strange, looking at her as if they know who she is. She’s never seen them before in her life. What is the meaning of this?

“Anastasia,” Kyle begins. She doesn’t bother to correct him. “This is Jameson Dylan and Sicilia Dylan. They are your parents.”

Anastasia steps away from them as reflex. The movement hurts them greatly, she noticed, but it it was her first reaction. All the time she’s spend with Xavier that’s what she hated him most for, not being able to remember her past life other than the bad things she’s gotten used to. Now that her past is staring at her she can’t face it. This knowledge is too much to handle.

The woman, who is her mother, steps forward. The woman tries to touch her, but she flinches away. “My little Ana.” She sobs. “I thought I lost you.” She whispers in such a motherly tone.

Anastasia nods. “You used to call me Ana?” She curiously asked.

“Yes. You really don’t remember me?” The look of sorrow is hard to ignore. She wishes she could remember, but her memory holds no place for her parents. She shakes her head in response. “What have they done to you?”

“Who took her?” The man, her father, demanded a response.

Kyle motions them all to take a seat, but Anastasia continues to stand in the far corner. She doesn’t want to be that close to her past. “Mr. and Mrs. Dylan, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” He kindly shakes their hands. “My partner, Agent Kelly Smith and I, cannot give you specific details, but we can tell you the overview of your daughter’s case.”