Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Kyle didn't know how to take the news. Anastasia is the daughter of Nevada's Govener, Jameson Dylan.

Kyle and Kelly had Adam search for any trace that they might have a news article or something that could have told them that Anastasia was missing, but they found nothing. No news article, no nothing.

Kelly and Kyle sit in his hotel room on the small table with papers filling on top of each other.

Kelly frowns in thought. She runs her fingers through her red hair and takes a deep breath. "It makes sense how they would hire Detective Bernard, but it just doesn't make sense about the lack of information on Anastasia or the lack of information of her disappearance. If Detective Bernard somehow got into the system and erased any evidence of the Dylan's daughter then it could only mean one thing."

Kyle was thinking the same thing. "It means that they could have been involved in her disappearance. That's why they hired Detective Bernard. Who could be better to erase all the information without leaving a trace? Detective have the files opened to them whenever and wherever. It's like a perfect crime."

"A perfect crime that's been under the radar for seven years. No, I don't think one Detective could do that alone. If its Bernard he must have worked with someone."

"Well, if the Dylan's are involved that means that Xavier would take a role in this as well. We don't know who he could be working with."

Kelly nods. The case is so intense, but they need more evidence to get an arrest warnent. The witness herself isn't with them because of a little girl that's trapped in the house. They have close to nothing, but she has a feeling that there's something that they aren't looking at.

An idea popped into her head. She grabs her phone and dials Adam. "What is it? Like three in the morning? I love-hate my job right now." He whined.

"Adam, I need to search Xavier Dominic and tell me all the information you have again." Kelly ordered.

"You're hot, but I hate it when you order me around. Not even a 'Hey, Adam, why don't we go out to dinner?' Its always 'Adam do this. Adam do that.'" He whines like a little boy. Kelly blushes.

Kyle rolls his eyes. Can Adam not make it more obvious that he's attracted to his partner? "Adam, get to work. Listen to Agent Smith." He order.

"You both are lucky that I have access to the system in my beautiful home." He comments. "Okay, here we go. He's graduated from Harvard, Yale, University of Michigan. He's on of the top known doctors in the nation. He has no criminal record or any military background. He is also known to be involved in a lot of polictial matters. Oh, and he's also a lawyer."

"He's a lawyer. You didn't mention that before." Kelly commented.

"I didn't see it. Its mixed with him being a famous doctor."

Kyle frowned. "Can you bring up his client list?"

"That's documented by him only. It really wouldn't be in the system unless he's had a criminal record involving him being a lawyer. What I can do is google him. He's like a celebrity, I could easily find articles of him."

Kelly and Kyle heard him type away.

After about ten minutes of Adam searching he finished.

"What did you find?" Kyle asked?

Adam took a deep breath through the phone. "I think you guys should see this. I'm emailing you the link, Kelly."

Kelly quickly opened her laptop and logged into her FBI email account. She opened Adam's email and double clicked on the link.