Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Time is the essence of life. We take for granted the moments we have to work for the moments we think we want. Yet, if we stop and breathe, we will not only become aware of the ticking clock we will also notice the time that has already passed.

Anatasia doesn't disregard the fact that Xavier is like a cobra. Fatal and ears that of miles away.

"I want to know." Hannah again states. Anastasia refuses to tell her anything until she makes a plan in her mind to get her out of this house.

She remains silent unable to find a path that isnt risky. "You have to fight."

"Who?"

"Xavier. If something happens, you have to fight for the way out. The way I'm thinking of leading you to is through the basement. But Xavier does tend to have his kidnappers in that basement. I am not sure if he has gone out for a track. So the risks will be high."

"We have to take what we can get. We have to get out of here before he kills us."

Anastasia nods. Knowing all to well she's right. "Yeah. This is what we are going to do."

***

The mind of psychopath is like a plant, as much as you dry it. As much as you feed it. It remains the same but reproduces from here to there.- Forensic psychology

Kyle remembers that from a documentary. Xavier is a psychopath. Where would he take Anastasia, if the home he has known with her, has burned down?

He doesn't have the FBI's resources to find her but he does have Xavier's files which he stolen before he left the grounds by Kelly's orders.

"There's a house. Far off the local roads."

Kyle turns around to find Adam standing there with his case on the floor.

"I heard what Kelly did. I didn't think it was right. She did her job as an agent, but as a friend, she was wrong." He took a step towards the ex-convant hacker. "I think I know where she is. Anastasia I mean."

"Where exactly?"

"Going south bound there's acres of land. Within the lots an order for a construction was set with a very limited time frame. No questions were asked. And the owner, an unknown male, paid cash. I have a strong feeling its Xavier. And if that's the case, we need to be cautious of any traps around."

"Blue print?"

"No. Wasn't able to get it without a warrant."

Kyle nods. "Let's go."

"Wait." Kyle raises his eyebrow at Adam. "Hand me on of those guns. If hell breaks loose I would like a fighting chance." If he was following protocol, he wouldn't band him a gun. Adam is still considered a criminal under heavy felony offenses, but he doesn't have a choice. He hands him the gun.

"Don't do anything until I signal you."

"Just make sure I don't get shot in the ass, then we will worry who I will kill."

"Get in the car. We have no time to waste."

Adam hands him the keys to his Mattel black Camaro.

As they speed off Kyle just thinks to himself, will he be too late?

"I know we are saving the bunny your easter hunt, but my car is my rose without thorns. Don't treat it like honda."

****

"Look. You might know the holes of this place, but I know the mouse tricks." Hannah states to her sister. "Just tell me where. I go first and make sure the coast is clear. Trust me. I've been doing this my whole life. But first we have to unattach you from the bed."

"How? Its tight."

"Sister. You know what they say no pain no gain." Hannah grips her hand hard. Then she stuffs a piece of comforter fabric into her mouth. "Don't scream. This is going to hurt." With no more warning she pulls out Anastasia's hand out of the cuffs, cutting open her skin.

She felt the pain. Her flesh came off her hand like a knife cutting meat. Its a bloody scene. And it was more than painful. It was torture.

"Okay the next hand. Don't look. It'll hurt less." Again she silces her hands with he metal cuffs. "Okay, I lied. But look your free." Her sister rips two pieces if fabric and ties it around her hands to stop the bleeding.

Anastasia composing herself continues with their plan. "Alright. The door won't open. This house is planned with the attic in between floors." She moves the bed knowing too well where the attic is. "This house is the replica of the old one. Xavier always had copies of the planners of this house. He didn't care much about the attics to look." She opens the small door. Relevaing the ttic that did not provide any stairs. You would need to jump down n jump back up without making a songle noise. It's also dark. Could be a teriffying experience for any other person but they both have seen worst.

Hannah strategically thought. "I'm going to hold your hand and drop you quietly. Actually your arms since your hands aren't in the best condition. As soon as your feet touch the panel let me know. I'll move the bed back just in case he comes back."

"Okay."

They do just that.

Once both are in the attic away from the room, they hold their breaths to hear whatever is above and beneath them.

"There." Anastasia whispers. She leads Hannah to a small door on the wall. Into other to fit through they would have to crawl. The door is barley three feet high.

Hannah stops her sister. "Where does that lead to?"

"An extra room. Its never been used before."

"Quick question. Is your way leading us around the house. So we would be an open view?"

"Yes. Its the only way out."

"Does the basement have air vents?"

"Yes. I think." She answers recalling if she's seen some before.

"I don't like the fact that we have a high chance of being seen on our route. So get ready sister. We are going to be spies and go through the air vents."

****(thank you so much everyone for loving this story. I am truly touched. Chapter 24 will be actually the last chapter of this book I'm working on it right now and hopefullt is not now, then tm I will be uploading this time I promise. Again thank you for reading.)****