Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Kyle is here? But… he left weeks ago. Gina told me herself. She thought.

She searched the room for the familiar emerald eyes she couldn’t stop thinking about. She finds him in the middle of the dance floor. His hand stretched towards her with a smile and interest showing in his eyes. He’s wearing a simple white long sleeve dress shirt and black dress pants. The top of the buttons on his shirt are undone. How can one man bring her attraction like this? She can’t understand her nerves. This isn’t right, but why does it feel right as well?

Ignoring the awaiting crowd she reluctantly turns her eyes to Xavier. His smile is still in place, but his eyes bring her fear.

“Ehh… Priscilla?” Ed tried to get her attention, but her eyes where only focused on Xavier. What will he do once they enter the house? Is Hailey in danger? She can’t let that happen. Gina has no idea what she has done. Anastasia just recovered from her beatings and soreness of her rape. Now she will have more wounds open tonight.

“You’re causing a scene. Get over there before you embarrass me.” His words are cold. She just nods slightly and walks over towards Kyle’s extended hand.

He gently grabs her hand and kisses the back lightly and pulls away so they could begin to dance. Mariana Trench’s song ‘Good to You’ begins to play. She doesn’t even notice that the actually singers are on stage singing live. All she sees is Kyle. If she will get hurt tonight under Xavier’s hands then she might as well enjoy the most comfortable time she has. Being comfortable around a man is rare for her so she will take advantage of the moment and feel the feelings she has never had before.

As the song continues to play she looks up at him and let her admiration fill her eyes to his. “You’re back.” She states bluntly.

He chuckles, pulling her by the waist closer to him. “I am.”

“But why? You don’t live here, do you?” She really doesn’t know where her confidence and braveness is coming from. She has never talked to a man willingly before. The only ones she actually has conversations with is the woman of this society. Xavier deals with the men in here. Now she’s looking at kyle and it just seems natural.

“I don’t really live here. I just decided to take some time off work. I’m visiting my aunt to be spoiled and stuffed with real food.” He laughs at his un-funny joke. She smiles enjoying his sincerity. “Um…I don’t think your husband likes be very much.” He said with a bit of too much seriousness in his voice.

“Oh, he just has had a tough week at the hospital.” She quickly explains.

“Why are you with someone you don’t love?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She said trying to avoid his question.

“You do know. You know there’s…. divorce, right? You don’t always have to be stuck with him. Life isn’t really difficult unless you make it.”

He tries to find some reaction from her. He has seen all night the way Xavier treats her. She is tense when he’s nearby. She moves away from him, and when he acknowledges her she responses like a written script. If you look closely you an see the fear in her eyes. You could see the possessiveness in his. Xavier Dominic has a secret and he will find it. Not just because of his attraction towards Priscilla, but because everyone here is a suspect until him and Kelly rule them out as opposite.

Her anger flames. If he understood how every day in her life she has only wanted to be away from Xavier. She even has wanted to die to get away from him. To live a life with love and no more beatings, rape, or a metal room. She wants so many things that aren’t possible. It’s not fair how Kyle can think that life is easy, it’s not. She has accepted the fact that she can’t get away. She’s already accepted it and bringing her hopes up won’t make it easier. It will only hurt her.

“You have no idea what you’re talking about.” She states trying to control her anger.

“Then tell me.” He has her waist to him tight so she wouldn’t get away.

Anastasia panics. He observes too well and in front of Xavier that won’t go too well. In here it could kill him. She takes a deep breath as the song finishes. “I love my husband.” The words always said in front of everyone, but somehow now seem painful. “I think it would be best if you avoid me Mr. Vinx.”

“Priscilla, I like you.” Kyle was never one to play games with his feelings, but he does like her. For the past week that he has entered Bloomingfield he couldn’t stop thinking about her. He’s even dreamt of her. He has no idea what’s going on with him, but some way he really wants her. Even if she’s married he wants her. He’s been observing her all evening and sees how beautiful and kind she is. She’s not like the others here at all. She’s not a snob. Even his Aunt Gina sees his interest and encourages it. In some weird way he was lucky to be chosen for the Honors dance with her. That was all fate.

“I’m married.”

“I don’t care.”

“I have a daughter.” Even if it’s not really mine. She thinks to herself.

“Doesn’t create a problem.”

She now looks at him. Really looks at him. “I…I…”

“I know you can’t talk, not here. Meet me in the women’s rest room in the far wing. I want you to talk freely without having anyone eavesdrop.”

She nods. He pulls away as the song ends and nods in acknowledgement. She stares off at Xavier. His anger is subsided as he openly flirts with a young woman. Maybe his next victim. She doesn’t know what to do. Should she? Or shouldn’t she go? If she does will she be able to tell Kyle everything? She has a feeling that he could save her, but who will save Hailey?

Kyle walks off towards the rest room that women never use. Hopefully she shows up. Priscilla needs to tell him if maybe Xavier Dominic is someone to suspect. More importantly: Does she have feelings for him like he does towards her?

**Author's Note: Hey there amazing readers. I have uploaded two days straight and plan to upload more tonight and tm. I so happy that you guys take the time to read this story. It means alot to me even if you don't vote or comment. But... i like votes and comments lol. Let me know what you think so far if you can. Toddles and write next time!!**