Chapter 15

*** Note to readers. I love how you guys vote for this story and ect. But I want  your honest opionion on what you think about this story. Please comment if you can. I will be uploading about two chapters tonight, but they will be long. Hope you like some action! lol>***

Chapter 15

Xavier smirks. An evil smirk that can scare the dead into wakening. He can see her. The way her blouse clings tightly to her breast. The way her hands tuck behind the pockets of her jeans. The way her beauty is known with every step she takes. His wife, Priscilla, is truly breathtaking.

“Xavier.”

He turns to the voice of his brother, Thomas. “Yes, brother?”

“What are you doing?”

“Just looking at some photos.” He shrugs without importance.

Thomas looks down at the portrait length images of Anastasia Dylan. “You’re causing more trouble to yourself, Xavier. You need to stay lower for a while and having her be followed isn’t going to work in your favor.”

“She’s my wife. I need to get her back.”

“In time. Right now the FBI is against you. You need to be careful.”

Xavier slams his hands down on his desk with much force. “She’s my wife, and I will get her back. She needs me, and I need her.”

“Xavier-”

“Tonight, I’ll let her know how much I love her.”

Anastasia sneaks into Kyle’s room in the mid hours of the night. The small note is tucked well in the pocket of her shorts. Her guards stood well in front of her door, but she found a way out without being noticed. She doesn’t need to get Kyle in trouble. His sleeping form in the dark is smoothing. His deep breaths calm her to no end. She knows what she’s feeling isn’t right, but it’s almost impossible to leave. She needs him next to her. He saved her, even if she’s to go back to Xavier, she knows that someone cared enough to try. He risked his life for her, and she will always thank him. More than that, she will always thank him for saving Hailey, her beautiful daughter.

The thought of Hailey brings her sorrow. She misses her daughter. Hailey is the reason she had strength to do whatever it took to stay alive. She’s glad that her daughter has a chance in life, but she wants to see her, even if it’s for the last time.

“Anastasia?” She blinks in confusion as Kyle wraps his arms around her. She grips his shirt between her fingers and sobs. She never really cried in front of people, but she feels okay to be weak in front of Kyle. “What’s wrong?” She doesn’t answer him even though she knows he’s worried for her. “Please, tell me what’s wrong.” He whispers while kissing her loose hair.

“I want to see Hailey.”

“I don’t know if you will be able to see her anytime soon.” He comforts her.

She pulls away from his grip, making sure he sees her smile. “Thanks for staying here.”

“If you need me, I will always be here.”

“I know you will. But I won’t be.”

He frowns at her. “Anastasia-”

She presses her index finger to his rough lips. “Shh. Don’t talk.” She can feel her appreciation grow for him. He’s falling for her, and that should scare her, but it doesn’t. His love wouldn’t be twisted and pervse. No. It would complete any woman in the world. He deserves so much more than she can ever give him. The thought of another woman claiming him is hurtful, but she knows sooner than later Xavier will have a hold of her. Then no one will ever be able to find her. She will be a ghost, untraceable, and lost.

She closes his soulful eyes with the tips of her manicured fingers. His breaths spike. His body trembles in reaction to her soft touch. She leans to him in a lovers embrace and gently pecks his lips. She pulls away before she regrets the decision in her mind. Kyle opens his eyes and takes her hand in his. He leads her to his bed, but with no intention of forcing her into anything. He covers their bodied from the cold with the thick blanket and pulls her close to him. His back is facing his front. His arms drape around her. It shows how much he protects her. His breathing evens, telling her he has falling asleep.

Anastasia’s eyes are wide awake. She doesn’t blink, she doesn’t move. She slowly reaches into her back pocket and pulls out the small note. She gently removes Kyle’s arm from her body and retreats to the bathroom. The lights automatically go on, but the light in her heart turns dark. She can feel the heaviness of this situation on her shoulders. The hidden lighter she tucked in her bra reveals itself. She holds the note above the sink and burns it. The flames quickly consume the note until nothing is left but ashes in its wake.

Without much thought, she retreats back into Kyle’s arms. “Where did you go?” He asks her, half asleep.

“The bathroom.” She responses.

Kyle doesn’t say another word. She doesn’t go to sleep. The words on that note leave her awake.

Be prepared, Priscilla. My wife.