Chapter 24

Chapter 24 - FINAL

"Reminder to self. When he tells you to stay put and shut up. Do so." Hannah murmurs to herself. She won't admit it, but she misses her hitman of a husband who only protects her. He must be going crazy looking for her and that thought gives her more motivation to fight for her life.

Anastasia continues to crawl within the tight space the air vents provide. She's too busy listening to any sort of indication that Xavier is in the house. Although he could be, the ultimate goal is to get Hannah out alive. She can't say the same for herself.

She takes a glimpse down the airways, trying to make her way towards the basement in the kitchen. "There's the dining room. We're close." Anastasia informs her sister.

"How close?"

Just as she was about to tell her she reaches a dead end. "It was susposed to be here..." She caught off guard.

"Let's get out through the dining room. We'll make our way from there." Hannah starts crawling backwards. "We have to be quick. We're wasting time."

"Let's go."

--------------------

Kyle listens to the constant beep Adam's phone makes. They both didn't reliaze how soon Agent Smith would catch onto the hacker's disapperence.

"She won't stop calling. Either she's ready to admit she can't live without me, or she's thinking of shooting my balls."

"I think you know the answer to that." Kyle races with no humor in his sarcastic reply. "How long do we have left?"

Adam checks the coordinates. "Not far I'm giving it another twenty minutes, but with your speed I think we could make it in ten." The computer genius holds on tightly to his seat. "Look I know you love her and all but none of us can help her if we die in a car accident."

The unending beep repeats.

"Pass me the phone. I'll talk to Kelly."

"Do you think that's the best idea? She could have someone else tracking the call."

"We don't know exactly where or what we are going into or what condition we will find Anastasia. We need any sort of back up and the EMT personnel on spot."

"Here then. She's calling again." Adam hands him the phone.

Kelly's voice booms through the speaker. "Adam, the agency has a warrant for your arrest. Tell me where you and Agent Vinx are so things don't get out if hand."

"Agent Smith. It's Agent Vinx." Kyle responds camly but deadly.

"Do you know all the trouble your causing? The director has order a warrant for your arrest. Do you seriously think the stolen files from the federal government would have gone unnoticed? What your doing isn't helping anyone Kyle. What your doing is destroying this case and your career."

"I deeply appreciate your concerns Kelly but I don't really give a shit to what you or anyone else thinks. I am a man of my word and I promise to do what ever I can to protect her and that's exactly what I'm going to do. If that means rotting in a prison cell for a lifetime, I will."

"Kyle-"

"Look I'm answering because I know where she is." He interrupts her. "Xavier apparently built the replica of the house that burned down. I'm going to have Adam text you the coordinates. Make sure you bring EMT. See you soon Kelly."

He hangs up without another word. Meanwhile his mind just prays to the god above that Anastasia won't need any kind of ambulance.

--------------------------