Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Kyle steps into the building in his uniform. He smiles seductively at the secretaries who just can’t keep their eyes off of him. He’s not a player, he actually likes to have relationships, but he doesn’t at the same time. In one hand he can count all the relationships he has had. All of them ended badly.

“Hello, Agent Vinx.” Agent Kelly Smith greets him with a glare. Her long red hair in curls falls down her back. Her blouse is tight, but covers up. Her eyes are blue and clear. She is one of the best agents here, and yet she hates him. At least that’s the feeling he gets every time they see each other.

“Well, hello, Kelly.” He smiled at her giving her his full attention. He crossed his arms as he knows that if she’s talking to him it must be of importantance.

“It’s Agent Smith, Agent Vinx.” She corrected him with anger in her eyes, but not showing it in her smile.

“Fine, Agent Smith. What can I do for you?” He’s annoyed at how this woman could dislike him so much without knowing him.

“The Director would like to speak to us. Follow me.” She said while taking out her blackberry and placing a call. “Cancel all my interviews for today. Reschedule if it’s possible. Thank you, Abby.” She said to the phone. Abby is Kelly’s cute blonde secretary, in Kyle’s mind. Kelly is also representative of the FBI. She is always going to press conferences of sorts and explaining what needed to be explained. She’s truly a woman who is admired by the entire agency. Even looking at her beauty he can’t help but compare her to Priscilla. Priscilla Dominic is gorgeous; her eyes are so full of mystery that he would have liked to break into. The fact that she’s married and has a kid doesn’t even bother him. He should just forget about her. She probably already has forgotten him anyway.

Kyle let the Director’s secretary beep the Director. “Let them in.” His voice was heard behind the closed door. Kyle and Kelly entered as the Director was filing some documents onto his desk. “Agent Vinx, Agent Smith, please take a seat.”

There was a murmurs of ‘Yes, sir’s as they sat down.

“I have an assignment for you both. We have had several disappears lately around Bloomfield Hills. It matches a lot of other unexplained disappearances around the country. We haven’t found any of the bodies yet, but the victims haven’t appeared. It seems more of a kidnap then murder, but no one has done a ransom as far as we know.”

Kyle’s face is firm. “Bloomfield Hills, Michigan? I have just come back from there last night. I haven’t seen anything around the community or any panic of the public.” Maybe that’s why Priscilla’s husband was a little protective of her before they left. He didn’t notice it till now.

“The police are keeping details to a minimum. They believe that someone from the inside is part of this. Someone from the community.”

“Why would they suspect that?” Kelly finally spoke. Her eyebrows pushed together in thought.

The Director gave them each a file. “This is the files of all the disappearance of the victims, information regarding their disappearances. There is also something you both need to hear, but before I give any more details unless you are able to investigate this.”