Chapter 4

Chapter 4

“Agent Vinx, Agent Smith. Welcome.” The Sheriff of Bloomfield Township Police Department, Mr. McGarski, welcomed them. The looking- forty-year old man had a presence of authority, but you could see his kindness shown in his eyes and the fear for the community he protects.

“Sheriff McGarski, it’s nice to meet you.” Kelly greeted him. She could read people very easily. In this field she had to do just that. She has even practiced playing poker for years and because of being one of the best she is able to read people easily and solve cases in a certain time frame. She can clearly see his worry and his stress, but that will all go away soon enough. After reviewing the files of the case she has taken an interest. In this community are million, billion, or even more Aires. The kidnappings are obviously not for money. If that was the case ransoms would have been set. It’s such a strange case.

Kyle observed Kelly. She is great at reading people and by the way she smiled at the sheriff she automatically gave him a sign of approval.  He followed behind Sherriff McGarski and Kelly to his office.

Once seated with cups of coffee in hand they got down to business.

“I figure that you both have reviewed the files and heard the recording?” The Sheriff asked.

“Yes, we have.” Kyle stated.

“But we have a few questions. Some concluding to the information given and others on the community. “ Kelly finished.

The Sheriff leaned forward and nodded for them to continue.

Kelly cleared her throat and had a neutral facial expression on. “In the files it states that four were kidnapped outside this area, and two within it, but when you haven’t received a ransom or found a body. It purely kidnap. The question is this is a wealthy part of the state. What can you say about this particular community. The people within it.”

“It’s calm. We have never had a case like this before. These are all rich people known and respected. I really don’t see anyone that stands out to be a criminal. They spend almost all their time in charity events and the local country club. But I also can’t ignore the fact that they are power hungry.”

“What about your officers? Do you think that maybe one of them could be corrupted?” Kyle asked seriously.

“I would like to say that all my officers are loyal, but that wouldn’t be the case here.”

Kelly narrowed her eyes in concentration. “Oh? How so?”

“Before the call, about a week ago we noticed some blood on the concrete. Of course, following procedure, we collected evidence to match one of the disappeared, but two days later we got a call from the crime scene lab and they informed us that they have not received the evidence. As backup we had some here, but even that disappeared. I really don’t want to think about who could have been behind it.”

“Why wasn’t that information in the files?” Kelly asked.