Chapter 2

Chapter Two

Anastasia smiles to everyone at the country club. All the men smile flirtatiously, while the women smile evilly. She was never meant to fit in this type of society. Her long light brown hair is in stylished in an up do. Her eyes are green with the hit of brown around the irises. Her skin is tanned and even. Her body is fit and killer in her faded pink dress. Any men would kill for her, but Xavier kidnapped her.

“Honey, would you like a drink?” Xavier asks as everyone stares at them in awe. He is handsome. Xavier is a man any woman would sleep with by just a look. He has money, looks, and power. As a known doctor people look up to him and respect him. She hates him.

She smiles at him warmingly. He knows it’s an act. He’s putting up a show as well. He couldn’t care less if she’s dehydrated or not. He enjoys torturing her. He enjoys the feel of being in control. No one notices how much she doesn’t belong.  Seven years. It takes her seven years to realize how much of a horror of a world she’s lived in. No one cares or pays any attention. They smile and go about their day.

“Thank you, sweet heart.” Anastasia responds automatically. It’s like repeating the same line over and over again.

It was two years ago when she’s seen sunlight, and felt the fresh air. He had her locked up in the metal room for about a year and then transferred her to the secret room since then, but has presented her to society two years ago. Xavier warned her that if she spoke a single word that wasn’t approved by him he would most defiantly hurt Hailey. Hailey is only six years old. She has light brown hair and Everest green eyes. She’s as pale as can be. He kidnapped her when she was only two and passed her as their daughter to this society. The family pictures of them seem valid. Hailey looks like her so no one questioned it. Unlike Anastasia, Hailey isn’t allowed to go out, she’s kept in another secret room right next to hers.

“Priscilla! Darling.” Helen yells softly to grab her attention. Priscilla is her name in this fake of a society they call higher class. Her real name is Anastasia Dylan. It’s the only thing she remembers from her past. She wishes she could remember and try to find a way out, but she has given up. This is her future and it will be her end, at least until Xavier gets tire of her. That won’t ever happen since he claims he loves her.

Anastasia walks over slowly to Helen’s table. There are seated Janice Henson, Beatrice Thomson, Rosemary Fredrick, and Gina Periwinkle. These are the women that scare the other entire women in this society. They are around forty and have husbands that are multimillionaires, and some billionaires. They respect dirt more then they respect the poor. All of them have bleached blonde hair except Helen Jenson, whom has dark red.

“Hello.” Anastasia greets them and sits in the empty seat.

“So glad for you to join us.” Janice said while sipping a glass of wine that probably costs more than the shoes she wears.

“Oh, yes. Where have you been, dear?” Rosemary asks.

Anastasia stiffens a little. She hasn’t been coming to the ‘parties’ Xavier gets invited to because she was recovering from a beaten from him. He was going to hit Hailey for screaming. She’s been having nightmares and hasn’t been able to sleep. Xavier got so frustrated that she thought he would kill her so she stood up to him to protect Hailey. It took her three weeks to recover and Hailey now sleeps with her in her room.