Jongho's Injustice - Part 2

Hongjoong stirred at the bed suddenly dipped as someone's weight unbalanced it. Blinking wearily, he went to sit up. The movement caused a searing pain to travel through his rear and he yelped, quickly collapsing back onto his stomach. He lay there with his eyes squeezed tightly shut, trying to ignore the pain.

The person on the edge of his bed leaned over and gently caressed his hair. "Are you okay, Hongjoong-ah?"

Hongjoong didn't know why he became so emotional then. Perhaps it was the kind words. Perhaps it was the gentle tone. Or maybe it was just his friend's comforting presence. Whatever the reason, Hongjoong felt a wave of emotions wash over him and he burst into unashamed tears. He reached out to pull Seonghwa closer, making the older boy lie down by his side.

"I have been a terrible hyung, Seonghwa. Why did I let it all go on like this?"

Seonghwa patted him gently on the back. "If you are a terrible hyung, than I am even more so. But Hongjoong, don't beat yourself up over all this. You have been doing your best and worked so hard for us all and the group. It is okay to fail sometimes. That doesn't mean you are a bad leader or a bad hyung, it just means you are human like all of us. And you are young, Hongjoong. We all are. We are not going to be perfect, but that is okay."

"But...but Jongho...I"

"Shhh," hushed Seonghwa gently. "Mr Ho spoke to me already. I am prepared to support you all the way, Hongjoong. So will our members. Sure, they might protest a little and complain, but they know what they signed themselves up to. This is the industry we work in. We have to do, what we have to do."

Hongjoong said nothing. But as he pressed his face into his friend's chest, he was afraid the maknae would not forgive so easily. Jongho had more of a temper than some might believe. But despite that, and the fact he often protested against his hyungs affections, Jongho did really love and look up to his hyungs. He must be so hurt and angry. And Hongjoong felt his time of stepping up as a more stern leader was fast approaching.

*          *          *          *          *

"Maknae-ahhhhh. Maknae. Yah, Jongho."

Jongho did not stir. Lying on the bed and facing the wall, with his pillow and blanket over his head, Jongho was lost in a world of darkness. It was not just a physical darkness. Jongho's mind had grown darker and darker as he had laid there alone. He had listened to Hongjoong crying out, and with every cry, his anger had been fueled, the flames climbing higher and higher. But with the silence that had followed, and as a sniffling Yeosang had come to the door only to leave after a moments silence, the fire had gone out, leaving a cold darkness in its stead. Jongho felt so numb and empty, that he just lay there listlessly as time passed. His phone had vibrated several times, but he paid no heed to it.

Eventually there had been the sound of heavy footsteps, then arguing outside his door. Wooyoung's voice had risen to a high pitched whining, before fading again. When the door opened, it was Mingi's footsteps that had entered. And it was Mingi who still stood by his side, trying to get his attention.

"Jongho, are you sleeping? Jongho, hop up. Jonghoooo."

The next moment, someone was tapping him lightly on his shoulder. Jongho still refused to move. Resorting to the next action, Mingi took hold of his blanket and began tugging on it, trying to uncover the hiding maknae. It was at that moment that Yunho decided to walk in.

"Yah, Mingi," he scolded, pushing Mingi back. "You were meant to see if he was okay, not start wrestling with him."

"I wasn't," Mingi sulked in reply. But he moved away, allowing Yunho to take his spot beside the bed. Yunho took a more comforting and gentle approach.