A Christmas Special - A Little Too Much - Part 2

One would have had to be stupid to not feel the growing tension in the room.

Yeosang had spaced entirely out, as he stared off at the wall behind the camera. Yunho was trying to play it cool, but couldn't help glancing at the staff from time to time. San had gone quiet as he huddled close to Wooyoung in an attempt to comfort him from his impending doom. Mingi who was still partially clueless to the whole situation was just his usual playful self, though he kept glancing at his members, wondering why they weren't so jolly themselves. Jongho tried to help Seonghwa ease the tension by joining in with him to read out Atinys comments and trying to encourage the others to answer some questions. Hongjoong was trying his best to play along. But his gaze could not hide the anger and annoyance that clearly lurked there. Even fans began pointing out that he was clearly upset with the whole situation.

And then there was Wooyoung himself. He was fidgeting and shifting uncomfortably, as he mentally berated himself for his own stupidity. What on earth had possessed him to drink before the live? And to get drunk? To make it worse, he could feel Hongjoong's eyes burning into him. He knew the leader was clearly asking those very same questions.

Then finally it was over. Ateez bowed to the staff, thanking them for their hard work and wishing them to get home safely to their families. But as soon as the last staff exited out the door, Hongjoong spun around to face Wooyoung. He didn't even say a single word. He reached out and grabbed Wooyoung firmly by the ear and began dragging him down the hall.

Wooyoung of course, began protesting his innocence. "Yah, you can't blame me. It was Atiny. They wanted a topper."

"You are really going to blame Atiny for your actions back there?" Hongjoong snapped back, suddenly letting him go and spinning around to face him.

Wooyoung shied back. "Well...not if you put it like that, I guess."

Hongjoong studied him for a long moment. Then with an exasperated sigh, he turned away.

"Go to bed. I don't want to deal with you while both of us are like this."

"You are drunk too, hyung!?" Wooyoung asked, his eyes widening in surprise.

"No, I am angry, Wooyoung," the leader snapped back at him. It caused Wooyoung to flinch. He really hadn't seen Hongjoong like this before. "So angry that I don't even want to talk with you, in case I do something I might regret. Now do as you are told and get to bed."

With those harsh words, Hongjoong strode angrily away, leaving a stunned Wooyoung to stare after him. Deciding obedience was probably in his best interest right now, Wooyoung quickly went to brush his teeth and head up to bed. He was just pulling the bed sheets up about him, when the door opened and Seonghwa entered.

The oldest member smiled kindly at seeing the guilty scared look his dongsaeng gave him over the covers.

"Are you okay, Wooyoung-ah? Did Hongjoongie scare you?"

"He seemed awfully angry, hyung. Did I really mess up that bad?"

Seonghwa sat down on the edge of the bed. "Maybe not so much the actions, but the timing and place certainly weren't ideal. Off camera and on another day, Hongjoong might have even thought it funny. But Wooyoung, this was on Christmas of all days. A day where every member would rather be at home with their families. And not only that, Wooyoung, you broke several rules." His expression became a little more serious. "You know we are not allowed to drink on live without permission first, and least of all to go get secretly drunk before it even starts. And if that wasn't enough, you disrespected Hongjoong's authority and acted out several times. It was a live, Wooyoung. We can't edit that out. Do you see what the problem is?"