Maknae's Loneliness

"What did you do now?" Seonghwa asked as a disheveled Wooyoung stomped into the matz hyungs' room.

Wooyoung grumbled an unintelligible reply and marched over to the corner. He glanced suspiciously at his eldest hyung and seeing no trace of mockery in the watching eyes, sighed and raised his hands above his head. "I hit that stupid punk," he finally answered in a clearer tone.

Seonghwa shot him a look of disapproval. "Don't call Jongho names, Wooyoung. It isn't nice."

"Yeah well, you knew who I meant so clearly you thought it too."

"Wooyoung, you are meant to be reflecting in the corner, not being a smart-mouth."

Wooyoung grunted and turned back to face the wall. "I think he has been let off too lightly, hyung," he continued to complain. "How come I got sent in here the other night, and all he got was Hongjoong's lecture?"

Seonghwa raised an eyebrow in amusement. "I dunno about you, but I think I would rather be sent to the corner, than get a lecture from our captain."

"True." Wooyoung shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other. "Hyung, do you think Hongjoong's really gonna smack us?"

Seonghwa sighed and rested his book against his lap. "It wouldn't actually be a first, Wooyoung."

"Well sure, he has swatted us a time or two to get our attention. But not actually a go-in-the-room-and-wait kind of one."

Seonghwa only lifted his eyebrow even further, before raising his book again. This unsettled Wooyoung and he begin to feel flighty. He glanced behind him to see if there was any sort of escape route, and screamed as he saw Hongjoong right behind him.

"Yah, Wooyoung," the leader scolded him, jumping back in fright. "Don't yell like that."

"Don't yell at me, hyung. You are the one who scared me in the first place."

Hongjoong rolled his eyes and gave an exasperated sigh. Heaven help me, he breathed. How do I deal with these? They are going to be the death of me.

"Alright, Wooyoung. Tell me everything that happened and why you were fighting."

"Because he was being a little jerk. OUCH, hyung!" Wooyoung's hand went to his thigh where Hongjoong had just delivered a sharp smack. When Hongjoong raised a threatening hand a second time, he scuttled back. "Okay, okay. It was because I was mad at him for bullying Yeosang. I made fun of his singing and told him I wished he would go on hiatus. Then I punched him."

He left out what Jongho had said to him. He didn't even know why he felt the need to hold it back. Perhaps he knew deep down that Jongho was already deep in trouble. But perhaps it was also that doubt and hurt that still lingered in his mind. If he said it out loud, maybe it would hurt too much. He didn't want to be reminded of it. He would rather just forget it had ever been said.

Hongjoong rubbed his forehead, in an attempt to calm the feelings of frustration that had begun to rise.

"Do you really think that was okay behaviour, Wooyoung? To tell your fellow member you wished he was on hiatus. Don't you remember how lost and upset we were when Mingi was away? It didn't feel like we were a whole team anymore. Each member is valuable to Ateez."

"That was Mingi," Wooyoung protested. "Mingi is one of our 2 rappers. Obviously Ateez wasn't complete without him, but we already have 6 vocalists."

Hongjoong's face hardened. He was thoroughly disgusted with his dongsaeng's words, even though he knew Wooyoung was speaking through his irritable mood, not by how he truly felt. It was still completely unacceptable.