The Pranksters (part 2)

Wooyoung's arms were killing him. Despite having been working out lately, nothing could ever compare to holding one's arms up in punishment. He felt like hours had dragged by, when in truth it had only been about 15 minutes. He glanced at Jongho, and saw that large beads of perspiration were also gathering across his brow. 

Jongho saw his stare, and grimaced at him. "Hey, hyung. Are you also getting deja vu?"

Wooyoung's glance turned to a glare. "Oh, shut it, Jongho."

A disapproving cough from behind them caused them both to nearly jump out of their skins. Hongjoong had entered the room again. 

"Quietly reflecting, I see," he muttered as he walked around them and sank onto the couch. 

The two kneeling members bowed their heads. "Sorry, hyung."

"No, Jongho was right. Why is it you two again?" When his question was met with silence, Hongjoong let out a loud sigh. "Jongho, you are going first."  

Jongho flinched and shot Wooyoung a confused glance. And while Hongjoong didn't explain the whole reasoning, he actually had an intention for this. Jongho always knew when he had done wrong and maturely excepted it. Being the oldest in his family, he had the sense of responsibility instilled in him already. But Wooyoung was a middle child. He craved attention and would often act out to get it. So, by making Jongho go first, it not only saved him from suffering through Wooyoung's drawn out punishment and having to wait, but would also help Wooyoung realise the gravity of the situation and make him more open to reason when it came to his turn. 

"Wooyoung went and added to his punishment," was all Hongjoong added as he rose back to his feet. "Wooyoung, go kneel in the kitchen. And keep your hands up."

"Hyuunnnggg," Wooyoung whined as he walked to the kitchen. "I can't even feel my arms anymore."

"Then it shouldn't bother you," Hongjoong retorted. He waited until Wooyoung had gone into the kitchen, then turned back to the maknae. "Over the couch, Jongho."

Jongho looked slightly surprised, but did as he was told. He had fully expected to be suddenly dragged over Hongjoong's knee. From what he had heard, that was also how Wooyoung had been punished last. But then again, maybe this crime was worse than what Seonghwa had punished him for. 

"It is going to be the belt, Jongho," Hongjoong quietly spoke behind him. His voice sounded strange and Jongho guessed he was still very much upset. "For a stupid prank, I would have given you less, maybe even just grounded you. But how, Jongho? How could you let Mingi get hurt like that? It wasn't a stupid prank that went accidentally wrong. You all but set him up."

A small sob escaped Jongho, and the tear brimmed to his eyes. "I know, hyung. But we honestly didn't mean for it to happen like that."

"But it happened, Jongho. Why did it have to happen for you to realise how stupid it was?"

Jongho began sobbing harder, and Hongjoong realised he was getting too angry and accusing. He reached out and pulled Jongho up into a hug. 

"I know you didn't mean to hurt him, Jongho. I know you care a lot about Mingi and that you would never wish him any harm. But you have to think your actions through. And most of all, you should have come clean about the prank before Mingi got hurt by it. Yes, I still would have punished you, but I would have been much more lenient."

"I know, hyung," Jongho repeated miserably.  

"Okay, let's just get this over with."

Jongho turned back to the couch, and leaned his body across the top. After a quick thought, he snatched up a pillow and hugged it to his chest. He held his breath as he heard Hongjoong move behind him and then the accursed sound of the belt sliding out the loops. It was the last warning he got to brace himself.