Cruel Words - Part 2

Author's Note: I can't believe no one has mentioned that I keep leaving my notes for the chapter idea at the end of each published chapter. I am so sorry for giving small spoilers for this chapter if you saw it, lol. I will try not to do it again.

I have also cut this chapter in half as it was getting pretty long. Let me know if you prefer this, or you don't mind longer chapters.

Several days had past since Seonghwa had come to Jongho. And while the schedule and even the team's atmosphere had slowly begun to turn back to normal, Jongho was extremely conscious that not everything was okay. The two matz hyungs were still concerned about Wooyoung's behavour. Although Wooyoung was not overdoing his diet, he was extremely serious about it. Jongho was glad that it was not affecting his hyung's health, but the fact that he had caused it, was weighing heavily on his conscience. It was this guilt that had now lead him to his hyungs' room, and caused him to knock timidly on the door.

It was going to be over now. He would confess, take his punishment like a man, and apologise profusely to Wooyoung. The door swung open, startling him. He had been so lost in his miserable thoughts that he had not even heard the footsteps approaching from the other side. To his utter dread, it was Hongjoong-hyung.

As he stared into the leader's face, he saw the sharp gaze that looked him over, as if scanning him to find something out of the ordinary. It was a habit Hongjoong had. He didn't mean to intimidate his dongsaengs, but he knew too well that when they came to his room, they were usually about to admit a wrong or because they were upset about something. Well, truthfully it was usually the protective comforting Seonghwa they were seeking, but too bad that he shared the room with Hongjoong. It wasn't without reason that they were known as the dad and the mum of the group, roles that they both seemed to take very seriously.

"Is everything okay, Jongho-ah?" Hongjoong asked, quickly noting the way the maknae had taken a step back and also the way his hands were slightly shaking. Jongho's hands quickly moved behind his back, pulling him to attention. It was a habit, and also a quick giveaway that he felt like he was in trouble or was guilty of something. Jongho seemed to notice the way Hongjoong's eyes had narrowed quickly, and quickly brought his arms back to his side.

"I was just looking for Seonghwa-hyung. Where is he?"

Hongjoong shrugged. "I think he was practicing some song covers. I will tell you you were looking for him when he gets back."

Jongho's heart sank, and he felt his good intentions slowly fading. "No, it's okay, hyung. It wasn't important anyway."

He turned and almost sprinted away, before Hongjoong could ask anymore questions. He could feel the leader's eyes burning into his back as he left. He didn't even know where he was going, until he found himself sitting on the lounge in the living room. Leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, he buried his face into his hands. His head was pounding, almost in sync with the thumping of his rapid heartbeat. He was terrified. He wasn't sure how his hyungs would react if they found out what he had done. This would be worse than his mistreatment of Yeosang-hyung. Jongho felt like he had committed the gravest sin possible. If the two oldest hyungs didn't kill him, San and Yeosang surely would. They were Wooyoung's closest friends.

A part of Jongho told him was being foolish, but his fear was louder. It tormented him, telling him how horrified his hyungs would be, and how they would be disgusted at his behaviour. He put his hands over his ears, and squeezed his eyes shut. It was because of this that he did not hear the front door open and someone approach him. It wasn't until the couch cushion dipped lightly under someone's weight, that he raised his head and turned to see who had sat by his side.