Silent Suffering

Yeosang was bored. Not just that bored feeling one gets from time to time, but a horrible stifling boredom that threatens to suffocate you. 

The Ateez members were currently on a break. The CEO had said it was a reward for working hard, but everyone knew it was really to make up for Hongjoong being punished for the song incident. Manager Ho was temporarily removed from his duties during their break, because Hongjoong and Seonghwa had both made a very detailed complaint.

Wooyoung had been a whole other person since his last punishment. He helped cooked dinner, helped Seonghwa clean the dorm (he even cleaned the bathroom), and paid for everyone's drinks when they had a night out to celebrate their break. Overall, he had been an absolute angel for his hyungs.

But now he and San had left to go see a concert, Seonghwa was in the middle of a huge lego masterpiece, Hongjoong was sleeping, Mingi and Yunho were almost bringing the roof down as they abused each other over a video game, and Jongho was busy listening to osts trying to decide which one he wanted to practice.

So Yeosang was very much alone. He glanced at Jongho, but the maknae had his eyes tightly closed, deeply invested in what he was listening to at the moment. 

Knowing better then to disturb him right now, Yeosang turned away with a sigh. Pushing himself off the bed, he wandered out of the room and downstairs. Seonghwa was there at the dining room table, a finger tapping his lip thoughtfully as he stared from the manual to the half finished creation in front of him. Then with a heavy sigh, he put the manual down and began undoing several pieces.

"Hi hyung," Yeosang greeted, pulling out a chair and sitting down.

"Careful, Yeosang," Seonghwa warned at the gigantic creation wobbled the slightest bit at the vibration.

Although Seonghwa had said it in a very gentle tone, Yeosang immediately felt unwanted and unwelcome. He slipped back out of the chair and stood beside Seonghwa instead.

"Can I go out?" he asked.

Seonghwa frowned at the mess before him and took off several more pieces. "If you take someone," he answered, standing up to look through the mess of legos for his missing piece.

"Everyone is busy," Yeosang whined.

"It doesn't have to be a member. You can ask a good friend or see if there are any staff that are free to take you." He paused in his searching and finally turned to give Yeosang his attention. "It's just a busy time of the year right now. A lot of people are out during the holidays. If it were any other time of the year, I might consider allowing you out alone. Although, I do have to say you don't exactly have a good record for being allowed out alone."

Yeosang winced at his words. Seonghwa was right. He had snuck out twice this year and worried his members.

"Alright, I will go find someone."

He walked away, his feet dragging and his head bowed in misery. He made it to the door when Seonghwa called him back. Yeosang turned, hopeful that his sad plight had invoked pity in his hyung.

"If you can't find anyone, I will take you somewhere tomorrow. I just have to finish this today so we have somewhere to eat dinner tonight."

Yeosang nodded, although that hadn't been the answer he had wanted. He loved Seonghwa but he didn't particularly want to be babysat by him. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts. But they were all either non-available or weren't close enough to Yeosang to invite.

He found himself wandering back into the dining room.

"Hyung, if I take a mask and a cap won't it be fine?"