Cruel Words - Part 3

Seonghwa took a deep breath before raining his hand down onto the maknae's awaiting backside. Jongho had not been expecting the strength in his hyung's hand and almost fell off Seonghwa's lap. Seonghwa had a firm grasp about his waist though and prevented the fall.

Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack!

As Jongho's silence broke into pained grunts, Seonghwa knew it was time to start talking. His voice broke through the sound of his hand making contact with Jongho's jeans, sounding strangely loud.

"I can put up with fighting. I can even put up with blatant disrespect to me. But I will not let you say such despicable hurtful things. Don't you know that words can hurt far more than physical blows? They seep under the skin and etch themselves deep into the mind and wound the heart. And they take far longer than scars to heal. Don't you realise your words could be echoing through Wooyoung's mind every time he faces the mirror?"

"I know I was wrong, hyung," sobbed Jongho, the words getting to him.

"Don't you think he has heard them enough?"

"He should never had heard it at all, hyung." Jongho tried to stop his feet from kicking, and began clutching at the sheets with his hand. Despite the haze of pain that he was in, he still managed to realise this was disrespectful to Seonghwa. He resorted to thumping the mattress with his fist, as though he could beat the pain away.

"Then why would you say something like that?" Seonghwa wanted to know.

"Because...because in that moment I just wanted to hurt him."

Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack!

"And did you apologise afterwards?" Seonghwa asked, already knowing the answer.

"No, hyung. I was too ashamed."

Seonghwa stopped suddenly, leaving Jongho to gasp in surprise at the sudden relief. The pain still covered him like a blanket, but at least it was still a break.

"Was that a good excuse, Jongho?"

"No, hyung."

"And when I asked what was wrong, why didn't you tell me? Was it the same reason?"

"Yes, hyung."

Seonghwa reached over and picked something off the bed, that Jongho hadn't noticed there earlier. Seonghwa must have brought it in with him. Jongho held his breath, bracing himself for whatever the object was.

Seonghwa brought it down sharply. The sudden hard contact, sent Jongho forward with a gasping sob.

"Hyung..." he sobbed.

Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack!Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack!

"You don't ever run away, Jongho," Seonghwa went back to scolding. "I don't just mean leaving the dorm which is a whole other matter. I mean running away from problems you caused and refusing to own up to it. Don't you know this could all have been avoided, if you just told me the first time I asked, or if you had just said it when you came looking for me?"

"I know, hyung." Jongho felt like he couldn't breathe. Whatever Seonghwa was hitting him with didn't exactly hurt more than the belt, nor was Seonghwa using more strength than Hongjoong. Perhaps it was his own guilty conscience that weighed on him. He pressed his face into the bed sheets, just wanting it all to be over.