Knight in Shining Armour

It was peaceful and quiet in the practice room. Mingi didn't always like being in there alone, as there was something eerie about being in a huge room alone with one's reflection. But today it was different. The quiet was something Mingi needed desperately.

It was not like he was tired of hearing his members. In fact he always enjoyed listening to them quarrel and laugh together. But lately it was like it was too much along with the noise in his head. He had needed to find a quiet space, so he could figure out the thoughts of his mind.

He hadn't been sleeping well again lately, and he always felt on edge. Remembering what had happened the last time, Mingi had given up all forms of caffeine, limited his screen time, and had even fiercely began working out with San and Yeosang.

But it was all for naught. He was constantly stuck in this restless state, as though worrying that something bad was about to happen. He had talked to Seonghwa about it, and Seonghwa had reassured him that his feelings were very valid considering that they were all stressed over the return of Manager Ho, and that if it got any worse, he would arrange for Mingi to either go on a mini hiatus or to see his therapist again.

And while his anxiety had rapidly grown worse as Manager Ho began working more shifts, Mingi hadn't told either of his hyungs. He didn't want to go on hiatus again. Although he knew it had done him a lot of good the last time, he had been fully aware of new fans that had gotten used to the group being seven, and had felt like he didn't belong when he returned to the stage again. Sure, the true Atiny had cheered and welcomed him back, and his members had constantly showered him with love, but Mingi couldn't help but suffer doubts of his worth to the team. And it was this worry that refused to allow him to speak up.

With the anxiety pumping through him, Mingi could only turn up the music and let it blast to drown out his torturous thoughts. His body moved instinctively to the beats, and his mind turned its attention to reconstructing his own choreography.

But his peaceful distraction only lasted a few minutes.

"Yah, Mingi," he heard a voice suddenly yell. "You are going to make us late again."

Mingi fumbled to turn off the music, and realised it was Wooyoung who was glaring at him from the door.

"Late?" Mingi asked, shoving his phone into his pocket and walking over.

Wooyoung stared at him like he had grown two heads. "For the interview." He paused then added with disbelief. "You know we have an interview today, right?"

Now that Wooyoung mentioned it, it did sound familiar. Mingi didn't say anything, as he sprinted outside to the van. As he climbed in, everyone shot him an annoyed look.

"Sorry," Mingi mumbled, his face flushing as he sat beside Hongjoong. "I forgot that was today."

Hongjoong just nodded, and reached out to squeeze his arm. He knew Mingi had been having a hard time lately, and had been extra attentive to him. 

Of all the members, Mingi and San had been the most stressed about the manager's return. Sure, no one was too pleased with it, but it was almost as if in the time that he had been away, their memories of him had somewhat faded, and they couldn't well remember how harsh he had been. 

Seonghwa, and Yunho had never really been punished by him, apart from the shoe incident. And although, Yeosang had been badly frightened twice by the threat of it, he was far too forgiving to hold a grudge. Jongho was the type to just put it in the past and move on,  despite being one of the first to get a full punishment from him. And Wooyoung's memory never seemed to last long after being punished, as Hongjoong knew too well.