Cruel Words - Sequel (part 2)

Sorry, this is so late again. I had the majority of it written ages ago, but couldn't find the time to finish it. But here it finally is! And I have already started the next chapter too.

The punishment Hongjoong had given Wooyoung was proving to be quite a challenge. Wooyoung had never realised how much of a talker he was before. He loved talking. And he suddenly had so much to say, but couldn't.

Hongjoong had only given the others a vague reason on why Wooyoung was so silent. The other teezers knew it was a punishment of some sort, but didn't know why or for how long. And so they kept pestering Wooyoung.

"What did you do, Wooyoung?"

"Are you allowed to talk yet?"

"How did you even annoy the captain this much?"

"Did you backchat?"

"Can I have the icecream we brought back for you?"

It was driving Wooyoung insane. He could have resorted to texting the members, but Hongjoong had confiscated his phone as part of being grounded. So, with no phone and no voice, Wooyoung was bored out of his mind. He had spent the whole entire day reading books, as he couldn't really think of anything else to do. He was pretty sure what he had read this first day, was more than he had ever read in his whole lifetime.

Deciding he didn't want to pick up another book or so much as look at one for a good while, Wooyoung picked up a pack of Uno cards and went to bother the rest of the 99' line. After a lot of poking and pinching, he finally convinced his same age members to join him in the game. He told himself Jongho wouldn't want to join, but in truth, simply didn't ask out of spite. He was annoyed at the moment and wanted to make it clear.

The five sat around in a circle and Yunho dealt out the cards. The game went at a fast pace, with all five growing more and more competitive. To Wooyoung's delight, everything was going in his favour. San placed down a blue card which was the majority of Wooyoung's cards. Then just when Wooyoung clapped a signal that he only had one card left, poor Yeosang tried to save the game by placing down a wild and declaring the colour was now yellow, which also happened to be Wooyoung's last card.

Filled with triumph, Wooyoung slammed the card down and poked his tongue out at his fellow members.

Mingi, whose turn was next, and who also happened to only have one yellow card, was not at all pleased. "Yah, you didn't even say Uno. It doesn't count if you don't say Uno."

"It does so," Wooyoung snapped back at him.

A dead silence fell. It slowly hit Wooyoung what he had just done, and he clapped his hands over his mouth in horror. But it was too late, Hongjoong who was in the kitchen unpacking groceries with Seonghwa had already heard.

He shook his head. "You almost made it, Woo. Too bad it is back to seven days again."

Wooyoung stomped his foot. "It is 8 o'clock, hyung. That's not fair." When Hongjoong ignored him, he spun around to face Mingi instead. "You did it on purpose, didn't you? You are just a spiteful sore loser."

Smack!

Wooyoung hadn't even heard Hongjoong come up behind him. He yelped, his hands immediately moving to cover his backside.

Hongjoong crossed his arms and stared at Wooyoung until his dongsaeng squirmed beneath his gaze.

"Do you even remember why you are in this predicament? Because you are doing it again, Wooyoung."

Wooyoung flushed. He glanced at the others and saw they were all suddenly very occupied. Yunho was busy shuffling cards so fast that not even a professional dealer had a chance against him. Mingi was scanning the roof for cobwebs. San was intrigued by the couch cushions, and Yeosang was playing with the ant on the floor.